Chapter 84

Dean decided to leave Saturday, since the drive was a little over six hours. He planned to leave at four, drive most of the way, wake up Sunday and finish the drive.

Currently, he was standing by the car, lifting his suitcase into the trunk. "You're sure you don't want me to go with you?" Roman asked worriedly, watching him pack up.

Dean shook his head. "I told you, I need to go on my own."

"Yeah, but a six hour drive, you've never... I mean, I think it would be better if I..." Roman trailed off, frowning.

"Ro, honestly, it's fine. I'll be driving in daylight, mostly, and I'll call you every once in a while to keep you updated. Okay?"

His friend huffed. "I don't like it." He replied.

Dean gave him a small smile. "I know. I got this, alright? Now come say bye."

Roman rolled his eyes and walked over to him, hugging him tightly. "Be safe, Ambrose, I swear to God-" he muttered.

Dean chuckled, hugging back. "I will, Ro. I'll be fine." He pulled away, looking up at his friend. "I'll see you Monday. Yeah?"

Roman nodded, smiling slightly. "Yeah."

Dean gave him one last quick hug, then turned and climbed into the driver's seat of the car. He closed the door, started the engine, and backed out of the driveway.