07

Barry went to Joe for advice on Nora, and Joe showed Barry that Nora was trying to impress her hero, which was Barry, much like Barry did when he was younger and wanted to impress his hero, which was Joe. 

Caitlin took Penelope to Jitters and ordered a cinnamon bun for her and a decaf Flash and a chocolate chip muffin for Penelope. 

"Ah, yes, the sugary pastry." Cisco had entered Jitters and found Caitlin and Penelope there, and joined them. "I think as far as avoiding your feelings go, cinnamon bin was a solid choice." 

Penelope smiled at the sight of her uncle. "You look really nice, Uncle Cisco."

"Yeah, well, I think Bruce burned all my clothes, so..."

Penelope glanced at Caitlin. "Who's Bruce?"

"You remember how Ralph and I said we were working on something with Uncle Cisco?" Penelope nodded and Caitlin continued. "Well, Bruce is a part of that and it has to do with Cisco's change in appearance. Do you mind giving us a couples of minutes to talk?"

"Yeah, sure. I don't mind."

Penelope gave them some space as she drank her drink and ate her muffin. She could see her mother was upset and when it was time to go, she glanced at her mother. 

"Are you okay? You looked upset when you were talking? Is everything okay?"

"I'm okay. It's just something that's not worth digging into."

Penelope nodded. "Okay. Well, whatever it is, if you decide that it is worth digging into, I know that you'll get through it. You're my mother. I know you're strong enough to get through any obstacle in you life."

Caitlin pulled Penelope in for a tight hug, thankful for having such a sweet and understanding daughter like Penelope. 

"I love you."

"I love you too, Mom."

.

.

.

Later that night, Nora, Penelope and Barry were watching some videos of Barry when he first got his powers. 

"Schway, is that you?"

"Yeah, a few weeks after I got my powers."

Penelope smiled as she watched Barry running at superspeed on the treadmill. 

"OG Flash. God, look at you move." 

"Yeah, just wait for it."

Barry, in the video, crashed into the boxes behind him, earning a gasp from Nora. 

"Mom told me about that. Your glucose levels were low."

"And there's this."

Nora and Penelope watched as Barry got beaten up by Girder, which Penelope heard about when she asked Future Cisco about Girder. 

"It takes time to hone your skills. You can't just skip rungs on a ladder or jump right into the big stuff. It's not how it works." 

In the video, Barry grunted and groaned in pain. 

"All right, that's enough of that. Look," Barry turned to both of them, "when you first got here, you both said you weren't great speedsters. But, obviously, neither was I when I first started."

"Um, do you think one day we'll be great like you?"

Barry chuckled. "Nora, you punched out a satellite while I was falling to the Earth and on fire. And you were running so fast even I couldn't see who you were."