05

"So you're not stuck here?"

Everyone was gathered at Joe's place as Nora and Penelope explained everything to them. 

"No, we're not."

"So the reverse tachyons in your system?"

"Were put there because of me. I left before Penelope did, or at least I think so."

"Are you kidding?" Penelope glanced at Cisco

"Do you know how many credit card points I just blew trying to get rid of your negative tachyons? I just bought a brand new spectral tachyometer when I could have my Fiji getaway. Not that I have anyone to go with, anymore." 

Ralph, who was the closest to Cisco, started to turn to him. 

"I'm not taking you to Fiji, Ralph."

"Why didn't you guys tell us about this before?"

Nora and Penelope glanced at Barry nodded. Nora pulled up the second future article she showed Barry. 

"Oh, my God!"

"Barry never returns?"

Penelope glanced at the floor. "No, he doesn't."

"That's why you both came here. To see your father, because you both were raised without him."

Penelope closed her eyes. "Not just us."

Penelope had a device similar to Nora's, but it was smaller. She put it on and it beeped, a photo appearing shortly after. In the photo was Caitlin, a small Penelope and 2 toddlers, each one resembling Barry and Caitlin. 

"You were pregnant by the time Barry vanished. You went through the pregnancy and I was there for you. It was twins."

Barry and Caitlin shared a look, an emotion that they couldn't identify. They were all silent until Iris spoke. 

"So what? So what that that article says you never come back? So what if the other says you vanished? I mean, it's said other things before, right? We made it say other things before. So whatever the future brings, we are gonna deal with it when it gets here. And change it if we need to."

"She has a point." They glanced at Cisco. "If there's anything Team Flash is good at, it's handing the future its own ass and then some."

Caitlin smiled softly. "What he said."

"Well, looks like Nora's gonna need more training after all."

Barry gave Iris a smile as Nora glanced at Penelope. Jenna started to cry, so Cecile went to check on her as they all went to STAR Labs except for Iris and Joe. 

"Wow, first you meet your adult daughter from the future and now this. I mean, it's a lot."

"Yeah. Well, I guess now I know why she never wants to leave her Dad's side and why she... never wants to be by mine."

"Nora will reach out at some point. The trick is you gotta keep yourself busy."

"Thanks, Dad. And maybe making sure things between Barry and I will keep me busy."

Joe was confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"Barry and Caitlin get together. If I can keep thing between Barry and I perfect, then he wouldn't go with her."

"But then Penelope wouldn't exist. And neither would her siblings. Plus, she's Nora's sister. They're always together. Are you really going to take that away from her?"

"Penelope's not my daughter. My relationship with Barry won't fail and we'll have a Penelope ourselves so Nora won't be lonely."

Joe watched as Iris left the house, neither of them noticing Penelope listening on the stairs to every word.