03

"Okay, latte for me, and two decaf Flashs for you two."

Barry went to CCPD as Cisco, Caitlin and Ralph went to work on charging the tachyon absorption enhancer, leaving Nora and Penelope with Iris. She took them to Jitters to get some coffee.

"Dad's lightning bolt is way cooler than than Lightning Lad's."

Penelope bit her lip out of nervousness as she glanced at Iris. "When is he going to be back? What am I asking? It's my father. Whenever there's a problem, he has to go and fix it. Nevermind."

Penelope took a sip of her coffee as Nora noticed her sister's nervousness and Iris felt slightly awkward being next to her husband's daughter with another woman.

"This does give us a chance to connect."

Iris and Nora glanced at each other.

"You're not worried about messing things up, like he is?"

"I- well, I just, I... want to get to know you a little."

"I should leave you guys alone. I'll just be at STAR Labs."

Nora gave her a look that might have been a 'don't leave me here with her' look. Penelope knew that look all to well, and sighed.

"I'm sure. I don't really know her anyway."

Penelope sped off and left Nora with Iris. She went to the lab, like she said she was, and stayed in the Cortex. Caitlin had gone in after her and notice her daughter there.

"Penelope, what are you doing here by yourself?"

"Oh, I was at Jitters with Nora and...Iris. I just felt a little out of place, you know? Different Mom. Plus, Nora and I aren't really on the same page right now."

"Right. Well, are you comfortable by yourself here?"

"Yeah. But do you mind staying a little? Just until Dad gets back?"

Caitlin hesitated then nodded. "Sure. I can do that. So, you said that we're close?"

Penelope nodded. "Very close. I like being around you. You're like my home."

Caitlin was silent and Penelope noticed.

"I'm sorry. It's hard for you to interact with me, since you didn't think you'd have a daughter first. God, I'm so stupid."

"You're not stupid. You just... come from a different period in time. You know the future me, and yes, it's weird knowing that Barry and I have a daughter together. But it's warming to me to see you become like us. That you like the same things, you have our powers. Looking at you is like seeing myself and Barry put together. It's good to know that I'm a good mother to you. It's comforting."

The two shared a smile and later on, Caitlin and Cisco were placing the tachyon absorption enhancer on Nora.

"I can't believe I'm wearing the same tachyon enhancer my dad used to meet Supergirl for the first time."

"All set."

Nora glanced at Cisco. "Wait, what happened to the second version? The smaller one that was inside the emblem of my dad's second suit? If he wore that one, he could harness tachyons and share them with me."

"Hey, fangirl, relax. We know." Cisco held up the second version as Barry walked in.

"Did all these suits shrink? And why does it smell so bad?"

"Because it's the one you used when you fought against King Shark."

Barry nodded at Penelope. "Oh, yeah."