Chapter #11

CHAPTER #11

~~Morning~~

~TESSAS POV~

                I woke up and my face burned. I sat up in bed and got dressed. Putting my shirt on was a small difficulty, since my face burned. I went inside my bathroom……..my face…….and it was permanent…..I was hideous…… My dad knocked on the door and came in with more pain pills.

                “I thought you may want these. “ He smiled. I knew he was trying to make me feel better. But it didn’t work. I faked a smile and took them.

                “Thanks.” I took the water he had given me and washed the pills down. My dad walked out and I put tons of makeup on and tried to hide the scars. Nothing helped. I sighed-trying to hold back tears. I slowly walked downstairs and quietly ate breakfast. About ten minutes after I ate, Jared’s horn honked. I walked outside, not feeling like I wanted to go to school tomorrow. He greeted me outside of his car, standing and leaning on his car. I ran up to him and hugged him tight, I cried and he just let me, holding me. I cried for about 3 minutes before I pulled away. He kissed me lightly and hugged me again then wiped away my tears. I didn’t want to go to school anymore. People would stare again and all I would hear all day is ‘What Happened’ or ‘WHOA! How did this happen?!’

                “Do you want to go to school? And say the truth.” Jared said, looking down at me.

                I sniffed and shook my head, “No……….” I looked down and held more tears back.

                “Hop in the car. I can skip school one more day. I wanna take you somewhere…..do you want Dom to meet us there?”

                “Are you okay with that?” I sniffed again.

                “Anything for you, my love.” He kissed the top of my head, and hopped in his car, before he drove off he sent a text to Dom. Jared blind folded me and said to trust him-I allowed him to. We drove for what seemed like ever, since I was blind folded. We finally parked, and he took my hand and didn’t let me take the blind fold off. But in the far distance I heard water rushing fast. I felt someone join my other side, “Dom?”

                “Yeah. It’s me.” He interlocked his hand with mine. So did Jared. I held on tight to both of them, sense my sight sense was off.

                “Don’t let go.” My voice still showed sadness.

                “Never.” Dom’s deep, sexy voice rang in my ear, I tripped over a rock and Dom and Jared caught me.

                “Sorry, didn’t see it.” Jared muttered. They pulled me to a stop and I heard the water really close and really loud. I assumed we were by a river. I felt Dom loosen his hand from mine and go behind me, then I felt the bandana loosen, I flinched as it tighten for a moment before it loosened. “Sorry Tess.” Dom whispered.  Felt Jared’s grip on my hand tighten as he did-he was getting jealous again. I whispered in Jared’s ear, “It’s okay….” I pulled away and the bandana came off as I saw a GIGANTIC water fall in front of me.

                “Whoa…” I whispered, I pulled away from Dom and Jared and stared at the waterfall. I could feel the cool mist of the fall touch my face and run through my scars. It burned, but in a good way. Jared and Dom stood up to my side, I looked at Jared, his brown hair falling into his face, then Dom’s short black hair, but I had to tilt my head to look at it, both of their green eyes shining. It was odd how many people in our school had green eyes….Amy, Jared, Dom, Kyle, Josh, Jake, Makenzie, Bliss, and about 23 other kids.

                 I sat down as Jared ran off towards the way to the top of the waterfall. Dom sat next to me and I could see something in his eyes….I wasn’t sure what but I looked down, trying to hide my scars. He lifted my chin and stared directly in my eyes, “Your beautiful no matter what you look like.” He was about to kiss me but pulled to the side and kissed my cheek…..my best friend was in love with me. I heard Jared howl like a real dog, take off his shirt, then jump from the very top of the waterfall. I stood up and watched him hit the water, he didn’t come up for awhile but bobbed up and swam over to me. I looked down at him and smiled, “Come in.” He smiled, “The water is great!”

                I shook my head, “N-no.” I looked down and Dom put his arm around me and I turned to him, “Are you scared Tessa?” He asked, compassion in his eyes. I kept my eyes down and nodded my head. Jared looked at Dom and it looked like they were having a conversation with their eyes, Dom took off his shirt and did a beautiful dive in the water. They both came up to me and said at the same time, “Trust us.” Dom held a hand out and it dripped water. I took a long hesitant pause before taking his hand, sitting down and taking off my shoes and socks, I was wearing short shorts and a t-shirt. I slowly slid myself into the cool water. “M-maybe this is a bad idea.” I was about to turn around then Dom held my shoulder and kept me facing him, he was so close to my face I could feel his breath, and he whispered, “Please…..I CAN help you….we can teach you to swim.” He stared me in the eyes. I looked deep back at him and nodded, “I trust you…..both of you, with my life.” I took both of their hands and they began.

~~Two Hours Later~~

                We got through it. They said I look like a natural OLYMPIC swimmer. I didn’t see how, I made so much splashing, but even they did. Jared and Dom swam up to me and were smiling, “Great Job Tessa!” Dom hugged me with one arm. “Yeah your amazing….now follow us.” Jared and Dom pulled themselves on shore and I followed, “Now what?” I asked. Jared grabbed my wrists and Dom grabbed my ankles and they lifted me up and swung me into the water. I came up and pretended to cry, “Th-that REALLY hurt.” I pretended to cry. They both rushed to the side of the water and said, “I’M SO SORRY!” I stopped and grabbed both their wrists and yanked them in. I laughed and said, “I can’t believe you both fell for that! It’s the oldest trick!” I smiled and they both laughed. I pulled myself out, and I was glad I was wearing a black shirt and dark purple shorts. They pulled themselves out and put on their shirts, “You do realize your both wet, right?” I smiled as their shirts were getting soaked. They both just looked at their shirts.  I walked into the nearby forest alone. I won’t be terrified of the forest because of one wolf. I didn’t go far from the waterfall, I could still hear it, but I heard back ground noise……it was a growl. I turned to my left and there was a another wolf, bigger than the others, he was red with yellow eyes. I backed up and turn and ran as fast as possible. “RUN!” I yelled as Jared and Dom came into view. They both looked at me worried, their eyes got big as they saw the wolf. They both went around me towards the wolf, I yelled after them, “NO DON’T!” But as I turned to look at them they instantly turned to wolves, like, HUGE wolves. They stopped and glared at the wolf, I gaped and my eyes were wide. I was so confused and messed up. All three wolves had that unspoken eye communication and I slowly backed up to Jared’s car and was terrified.…..