Prologue

- A S G A R D -

Peaceful night reached the place of Asgard. Inside the palace, a certain couple sleep peacefully in their chamber, until--

"Ah!" A scream of pain was heard throughout the palace halls.

"Push, Sigyn!"

All didn't expect for the next Prince to be brought into the world at such an early month. Loki Odinson, god of mischief, found the love of his life who loved him in return. Her name is Sigyn, the goddess of beauty and healing. In a love so beautiful, soon, both were married to each other by the blessing of Odin himself. As years passed, their love grew until their love was rewarded by the incoming of their little bundle of joy.

*

Loki paced outside the room of his mother with the accompany of Thor and Odin. His wife and his mother, Frigga, along with two other maids are currently inside his mother's chamber.

Loki couldn't believe it! Tonight is the night his child is to be born into this world. He couldn't be more happy than finally meeting his child. Loki would wince everytime he would hear his wife's scream and yelps of pain, occasionally cursing in Norse language. He would hold on to his staff with a tight grip, his knuckles starts to pale. This doesn't go unnoticed by Thor and Odin.

Thor stood up and pats his brother. "You must calm down, brother." He said.

Loki stopped his pace and gave his brother a look of disbelief. "How can I calm down, brother, when I know that my wife is about to bring our child into the world. I worry for both of them." He frowned.

Loki massage his temples in order to ease the tension that's been building inside him. He knew he's nervous, and excited and anxious and to think that Thor is right. He needs to calm down.

Odin made his way towards Loki and have his second son a pat. "I've been to your place, Loki." He started with a sigh. "All worry and nervous and excited, anxious even. But I can tell you, my son, that all will be worth it in the end."

Odin smiled genuinely for the first time. Loki returned the gesture and slowly took a sit beside his brother.

Three men waited patiently for hours, occasionally hearing more of Sigyn's screams of which is a torture for Loki himself. He would wish that he would be the one to endure the pain, even if it means Sigyn is happy. He love her, always. And now, he have another person to love and that is his child. Whether the child will be a girl or a boy, he or she will be his pride.

It was another hour of waiting, until all thoughts were cut off by a loud cry of a child-- Loki's child inside the room. That was the moment Loki was up on his feet and tears were visible on his green eyes. He would take all of his might to stop himself from marching inside the door to see his wife and their child, if it wasn't for his mother's orders of which the three of them respects.

Thor smiled widely and patted his brother's shoulder in a gesture of saying 'congratulations'. They waited for a second as the room slowly starts to quiet down and soon two maids exits the chamber. Soon, Frigga appeared carrying a small figure wrapped in thick comfortable blanket.

"How's Sigyn?" Loki asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"She's fine. She already saw your son and is now at rest. The delivery exhaust her too much." Frigga explained. Loki let out a sigh of relief until his mother's words repeated on his mind.

"Son . . . ?" Loki breath hitched as his eyes were suddenly staring at the figure his mother is carrying.

"I congratulate you, my son. Sigyn has successfully delivered a healthy baby boy." Frigga smiled. Loki made his staff disappear as Frigga carefully passed the child in Loki's arms but not before teaching him how to carry his own son carefully.

The child-- upon feeling himself being carried by another arms, suddenly starts to fuss. Loki immediately caress the child's small rosy cheek while rocking him back to sleep.

"My son." Loki whispered in slight tears.

"He's. . . Small." Thor comments with amusement.

"No matter. Even if he's small, I believe he will be the strongest of us all." Loki said which made Odin smiled at the child.

"You have so much to learn in this world, my boy." Odin stated, looking fondly at the child.

When he stops fussing in his father's arms, he gave out a small yawn to which Loki found adorable. Finally, the child opens his eyes to reveal bright blue eyes but that was until it disappeared and turns bright forest green. It matches his. The little boy has black jet hair that has been poking out of the blanket randomly, pale skin, slight chubby arms and rosy cheeks. Once the child's eyes met Loki's, the child knew that the man who carries him is his father. And so, he smiled brightly with a small laugh.

"Such fragile." Frigga murmured as she puts her finger near the child who saw it and grab it immediately.

"No doubt, he is your son." Thor chuckled.

Loki glared at his brother. "What does that even mean?" He asked, sharply.

Thor smiled, ignoring his brother's slight anger. Frigga put a hand on her son's shoulder to catch his attention. "What are you going to name him?" She asked.

Loki gave his mother a quick look before looking back at his son lovingly. "Sigyn and I have agreed to this name. It fits him perfectly."

Kissing his son's forehead, Loki said. "He shall be called Vali."

Frigga smiled towards both his sons while Odin gave Loki a proud look. "Such name that means to lead his people into greatness." Odin said.

"I think we should leave you with your son." Frigga nods her head towards Odin who return the gesture. "We will see you tomorrow."

"Remind me to give little Vali a small gift tomorrow, brother." Thor said as Loki nodded his head.

"Will do." After that, the three of them left and went to each of their chambers.

Loki once again gave his son a look who soon starts to yawn once again. Loki silently opened his mother's door and saw his wife Sigyn sleeping peacefully on the bed. Hanging lamps on the walls were lit up dimly while the huge window at the right that provides as the room's balcony, emitted a light from the bright moon and the midnight stars outside. Loki smiled at his wife before he made his way towards the window and opened it gently.

Cold air brushed up to his hair. Vali wiggled due to the cold which made Loki wrap the thick blanket to warm up his son. Comfortable, Vali resumes his sleep. Loki looked out and saw the sun  starts to rise. That was when he realized,  they all have been awake the whole night.

Loki sigh. He didn't wish for anything more than to have a family of his own. And finally, he achieved that dream. Other than he love his wife, Loki has another person to love more and that is his son.

"Remember, my son. No matter what, I will love and protect you with everything I have." Loki whispered. He put his finger on his son's small hand which made the child to squeeze it.

"I give you the gift of dragon. You will have the heart of a leader and the soul of a dragon. Then from now on, you shall be known as Vali, the god of dragons."