Chapter 23: Nocturnal Ambush

"Where is everybody?" Peter asked the next morning in ruler's room.

"Maybe they've gone. You know, to train." Said Judy.

"I wonder how Ama gets up without hurting herself." Said Peter, stroking his shoulder.

"Morning." Yawned Nicholas, stretching his arms while walking down the stairs. He continued down. "I'm hungry."

Judy looked at Peter with a curved smile.

"Well, at least he said morning." Said Peter, shrugged his shoulders amusingly.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Said Nicholas from the study room. He sounded surprised and confused.

Judy and Peter looked at each other with curiosity. They walked down to the study and stopped at the first and second step of the stairs. Two female nymphs. One was gathering books from the shelves while the other was placing two on each table. One was a woman with light purple skin and dark purple hair; her spectacles were very small and perched on the end of her nose, and her clothes were made from leaves and flowers. The other was a teenage girl, wearing the same kind of clothes; her skin was light blue as the sky and her hair was of a darker shade; Nicholas froze the moment he saw her face. She was young and beautiful.

"Good morning, children." Said the woman gently.

"Good morning." Said the girl, waving her hand.

"Good morning." Said Judy and Peter.

"Are you Whiterose?" Peter assumed.

"Yes, I'm Whiterose and this is my daughter, Sunray." Replied the nymph harmonically, as if she was singing.

"Did you sleep well?" Said Sunray, putting the last book on the table. "Where's Monica?"

"She's still sleeping." Replied Peter, pointing up the stairs.

"Well, you've better go and wake her up. Class will start immediately after breakfast." Said Whiterose.

Judy, Peter and Nicholas looked puzzled for a second, then they recalled that from now on Whiterose and her daughter will be teaching them instead of Sirus, Ama and Alexandra.

"I'm too tired to learn something right now." Yawned Nicholas, scratching his head.

"Well, I'm sure with a little breakfast you'll wake up." Said Sunray her smile made him blush.

"Peter, would you go wake up Monica, please?" Whiterose asked.

Peter nodded and went up while the others went down for breakfast.

They all picked their meals and began to eat when Monica and Peter entered the dining room.

"Good morning, Monica." Said Whiterose, cutting a piece of bacon. "Sleep well?" She placed the bacon in her mouth.

"Sadly, not much." Monica yawned half awake.

Monica looked exhausted. Her hair was messed up, her eyes were half-closed. She sat next to Nicholas and Sunray and lay her head on her hand.

"What's wrong?" Sunray said, giving a cup of warm milk.

"Bad dreams. Really bad." Replied Monica, taking a sip of milk from her cup.

"Why don't you tell us about it?" Suggested Sunray.

"You don't want to hear it." Said Monica, turning her plate.
" Boiled eggs."

"If you tell talk about it, you will feel better." Said Whiterose, taking a sip.

Monica cut of small piece of egg and ate it. She swallowed it and sighed. "It's about Virginia."