Chapter 7

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading and voting! It means so much! I will be editing my chapters, maybe adding a little info.

I just want to say thank you!!! :D

This chapter is dedicated to Jjjinx! :D

***************************************************************************************************************

The four of them sat on the beanbags, Angeline perched on Chase's lap. It was Elixir's voice that broke the hopeless silence.

"Should we practice our skills then?" She sounded unusually perky. Crystalline stared at her, slightly shocked.

"And where do you suggest we start?" Her voice sounded stressful and sharp. She obviously noticed as her head dipped down.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what to do. This lady has put us under so much pressure, and she also takes Angeline away from us." She shook her head sadly. That was when Chase picked Angeline up off his lap and placed her on the beanbag next to him, before standing up and walking over to Elixir.

"Crystalline, come here." He demanded, pointing angrily to the floor in front of him. It obviously scared her, as she looked taken back. The reluctantly left the fluffy beanbags, trudging over to him. Then something unexpected happened.

Chase punched her.

Or he tried to punch her, but her body seemed to move in a split second, dodging the fist. A second later she landed on all fours on the floor. Her head whipped around, fury burning in her eyes.

"Why did you do that? You IDIO......." Her mask of rage suddenly melted into a smirk. "Nicely done Chase. But not as good as this." She leapt up in a split second, throwing a punch that squared him straight in the shoulder. He spun around, kicking at Elixir. She leaped backwards, perfecting a back-flip, landing on two feet. Then she did a sweeping kick, knocking him to the floor. Chase landed with a thud, rubbing his head and wincing. When he looked up, he saw the two girls above him in karate stance. He laughed, his hands in front of him in a defensive way. Elixir held out a hand to help him up. He took it appreciatively. After he stood up,his brow furrowed with concentration.

"Okay, now we have confirmed that that crazy old lady was right." He turned his back to the girls.

"Looks like we will have to hunt Archer down and get him involved, whether he likes it or not." He turned back towards the girls. They both had deter minded smiles on their faces.

 "Ooh can I come?" A small squeaky voice piped in. Everyone's heads turned to see Angeline sitting rather cheerfully on one of the beanbags, her legs swinging energetically. They had forgotten that the little girl was even there. Chase shook his head sadly.

"I'm sorry Angeline, it's too dangerous." He looked at her earnestly, hoping that she would understand. She nodded her head slowly and trudged off to her room.

 Chase winced "I hate to say no." He said to the girls sadly. He shook his head as if shaking off the guilt. Crystalline walked over to the door and opened it, allowing the two others to follow.

 "Come on, let's go." She encouraged them both. She pulled the house keys out of her pocket and locked the door.

"I know exactly where Archer will be." Chase muttered gravely. He started at a steady pace down the alleyway. After a couple of sudden turns down more complex routes, they ended up at a narrow gap between the buildings. It was enough for an average sized teenager to be able to sit down on one side, legs slightly bent, and have their feet touching the other side. About twenty five metres up one of the walls, there was a door. It was pretty unusual, as there wasn't a ladder or balcony to be seen. Just a door. Elixir sighed.