Chapter 6

"How long until they are going to be ready?" The older woman with the pressed black skirt and the grey hair asked, agitated. She was sitting behind a smart black desk, facing the projected map. All five of the red flashing dots were near each other, yet the other three were quite far away.

The nervous woman paced around the room.

"I don't know Miss White, in a couple of months?" She muttered quietly. Miss White groaned in frustration.

"I just wish it could be faster Rose. Gosh this is so stressful. The longer that the data is in the gems, the easier it is for the X..." She shuddered at the name "..to get them."

Rose stopped. She paused, before saying something.

"Well, I was working on something." She started. Miss White's head jerked up. 

"Really? You never told me." 

"That's becuase, I- I wasn't sure if it was going to work." She finished.

Miss White beckoned towards herself with both hands, signalling for her to say more.

Rose explained in further detail then.

"So, it's to speed up the process. It's a little device. Press it once, and the data will finish what it was programmed to do." She reached into her pocket, pulling out a mini plasma ball looking device. It had many bolts of electricity coming out of it.  Miss White eagerly looked at it, taking it from Rose's outstretched hand.

"Rose, this is excelent. I'll have to visit the data holders to make sure everything is alright after this has been activated. Please make sure that the cars are ready to set off in..." She checked her polished-to-perfection watch "five minutes."

Rose nodded and darted off down the grey halways.

Miss White lifted a perfectly manicured finger to the machine, and pressed the button...

***************************************************************************************************************

A force of electricity shot through Crystalline's head, sending her eyelids flying open, and a gasp erupring from her pale pink lips. She bolted upright, holding her head in her hands to try to calm her killing headache down. Shakily, she stood up, re-gaining her strength, before reluctantly dashing past her perfume, hairbrush and mascara, wrenching the door open, and flying out into the living room.

She scanned the room, and spotted Chase, gloomily sitting on a stool by the kitchen counter, sipping a mug of coffee. She nodded good morning to him as he wasn't really a "morning person", but he mumbled something to her.

"Look in the mirror."

She stared, horrified at him. Nobody ever insulted her on her looks!

"Okay, just because I didn't brush my hair or applied mascara does not mean you have the right to insult me like that!" She half yelled, half whined. This must have had a pretty horiffic effect because Chase stared at her, his green eyes wide in surprise.

"No, but seriously..." He started.

"So what if I didn't brush my hai....." She started, before Elixir flung open her room and ran into the living room, wild eyed, hair strewn all over her face. Crystalline shot Chase an amused look.

"Okay, I don't look half as bad in the morning as her." She pointed at Elixir, whom immidiately folded her arms and glanced at Crystalline in an "I'm not laughing" kind of way.

At this point, Chance put his cup of coffee down, making a slight clink sound, before taking Crystalline by the shoulders and steering her to the bathroom mirror.