Chapter 2

Elixir followed the two figures down many twisting alleyways, until they reached a derelict building. The boy opened the door, forcefully nudging Elixir through, then closing it, locking it, and switching on the lights.

Elixir gasped. It was amazing. The outside may have looked derelict, but the inside was a modern teenage dream. The walls were decorated with black and white stripes on one wall, pink graffiti swirls on another, and plain on the last two. There was a plasma screen TV, along with eight colourful bean bags, an X box, a kitchen, a large stereo, a chandelier, and large windows, with sunlight spilling out of  them. There was a corridor leading off to a couple more rooms. Elixir would have been gasping all day, if it weren't for the boy, who stepped in front of her.

Now they were in daylight, and they weren't running down alleyways, Elixir could actually see the two people's appearances.

"This is Crystalline, and I'm Chase." The boy gestured to himself, and the stunning girl behind him. She waved slightly with her fingers. Crystalline had a slender face, piercing grey eyes, high cheekbones, platinum blond hair, and a figure to die for. Chase had chocolate ruffled brown hair, ivy green eyes, and a surfer tan.

Elixir stared at them as seriously as she could.

"I have a load of questions." She noted.

Chase laughed. "Then ask away. We've got time."

Elixir opened her mouth. "What just happened?"

Chase gestured towards a seat. "I'd sit, it might take a while."

Elixir sat, and Chase began.

"So basically, there is this Organisation called The Origin. They took all of this "secret data stuff" and separated it into eight important pieces. All of which were placed in jewelry, and sent to all parts of the world. Therefore eight children have this data. They did this to make sure that their enemies, the X don't find it. And when everyone turns 15, their data is accessible. That's when "we" become vunerable. But the X have located us, and they are trying to steal the data, in any way possible. The Origin are also trying to collect all of the data back in." He said, leaning back on a sofa, his hands linked behind his head. "So this is where we stay. But that's not the coolest part." He added eagerly, standing up and wandering over to her.

"Do you do self defence?" He asked. Elixir shook her head, confused. He grinned.

"Well, that's a nice necklace..." He said, stretching out a hand to touch the jewel. Elixir suddenly leaped up, grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back, almost automatically. He laughed, wincing slightly. Elixir looked shocked, dropping his hand immediately, and diving into a sea of apologies. Chase batted them away with his hand, and Elixir saw Crystalline bite back a laugh from behind him.

"Elixir, don't apologise. The Origin did give you the Storm Amulet. Did you really think that they would put you out there unprotected?"