Chapter 4

(Sorry about these super short chapters! )

***************************************************************************************************************

Elixir gasped, clenched her fists, then swung her left hand around, hitting the person straight in the face. She heard them yell in surprise. Turning round, she suddenly wasn't so scared. It was a boy, about fifteen. She couldn't see his face as he had his hands covering his nose. In fact, she could only see his silhouette, as it was pitch black. The only light provided was from a street lamp about four hundred metres away. So that didn't really help.

"Chase?" She asked, disbelieving herself. She heard a muffled laugh from beneath the boy's hands. He stood up again, taking his hands away from his face.

That definately wasn't Chase. Elixir's eyes were adjusting to the dark a little more, enough to see that he had golden blonde ruffled hair and a strong figure.

"No, I'm definitely not Chase." He smiled. "I'm Archer."

Elixir flushed red again, but it was impossible to see that detail through the thick darkness.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were some creepy stalker...you're not a stalker are you?" She demanded, half angrily. He shook his head.

"Do I seriously look like a stalker to you?" He asked in mock hurt.

She laughed nervously. 

"No, OK. Sorry, that's the second time I've attacked someone today." Elixir mumbled.

"No, I guess that was my fault." He laughed, sweeping some of his golden hair out of his face.

Archer pointed towards the light.

"It might be easier to talk if we can actually see each other." He had already started walking. Elixir jogged after him, trying to keep up. He was slightly taller than her, and Elixir felt slightly intimidated by looking up at him.

"I guess Chase didn't mention me." Archer mumbled darkly. Elixir shook her head. How did he know Chase? Why would Chase have mentioned him?

They walked past alleyways, the walls caked with graffiti. There were dustbins lying on the ground, trash spewing out of them. Elixir gagged. This wasn't the time of fresh air she was used to. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Archer laughing.

"I agree, not the most beautiful part of here." He grinned as they reached the lamp. Elixir could now actually see Archer. He had a slight honey tan, mesmerising blue eyes, a strong yet perfect face. He smelt of cologne, but that wasn't enough to keep the vile smell of trash from hitting her twice as strongly. He burst out laughing,

"You would look nice if you didn't have your jaw hanging open in awe! I'm not a mythical creature!" He cried, throwing his hands up in the air. Elixir looked at the floor, embarrassed, and ran a hand through her blond hair. She opened her mouth to say something smart, but all that came out was a "I.....I...."

Suddenly she thought of all the questions that had been running through her head.

"How do you know Chase? Why wouldn't he talk about you?" She tried to section all of her thoughts into two queries.

Archer raised his eyebrows, Elixir having to look down from his penetrating gaze.

"Well..." He shrugged his shoulders, wringing his hands "I'm the fifth data holder."