Chapter 10

“What the hell are you doing?” Chase was standing in the doorway, crossed arms, his face portraying a cross between surprise and anger. Even though Archer had his back to him, he still saw him tense at his voice.

The butterflies that were fluttering around Crystalline’s heart dropped dead as she saw him. She flushed red, then glanced up into Archer’s golden eyes. He smirked slightly, the playful, loving,

mischevious Archer look in his eyes once again. He tucked a loose lock of hair behind her ear.

“Well.” He muttered under his breath. “This is going to be interesting.”

He turned, raising his eyebrows.

“The door was closed. Thank you for knocking.”  He retorted

sarcastically. Chase rolled his eyes.

“How could you?" He glared angrily at Crystalline, before Archer stepped in front of her, and then he continued "I came in here to tell you something. I didn't come in here to find you guys kissing!?” He stood there, gesturing angrily towards Archer.

"So what was so important, that you had to enter without knocking?" Archer crossed his arms defiantly.

Chase moved along a little, to reveal a similar aged boy staning next to him.

"We have another member of our HQ now." He explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who are you then? When did you arrive?" Crystalline asked as everyone huddled around the coffee table, demanding multiple questions out of the new kid.

The guy had black ruffled hair, his skin lightly golden, and his eyes, piercing blue with an outline of purple. He had a charming smile, and he took time to answer the questions.

"First of all, my name is Damien. I arrived here about ten minutes ago. You guys don't know how long I've been trying to find you!" He sighed in relief. Then he caught Elixir's eye, and grinned. She blushed lightly.

"What power do you have?" Chase pressed on, trying to ignore the fact that both of the girls seemed to be ditching him for the new boys.

"Action manipulation. I can tell people what to do as long as I am strong enough, and they look directly into my eyes." He explained, linking his ands together on the table counter."Any more questions?" 

Archer shook his head, defeated. Chase, Crystalline and Elixir all did the same.

Damien checked his watch quickly, before looking up. 

"Need to go somewhere?" Chase demmanded. Crystalline shot him a look, which made him immidiately recoil.

"As a matter of fact, I'm pretty tired. Wouldn't be a chance that you have a spare bedroom would you?" He asked. Archer shook his head.

"Sorry dude." He shrugged "No can do."

Damien looked slightly frustrated, but then wiped the look off of his face, changing it to a thoughtful one.

"I think I'l go for a walk outside." He decided. Chase shot him an uneasy glance. "I wouldn't if I were you."

Damien stood up.

"Ah relax. It'll be fine." He glanced at Elixir with a smile on his face. "Elixir could show me around." He added.

At this, Chase looked even more uneasy, but the girl was already at the door.

"Anything to help." She was almost pulled out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Elixir and Damien walked down the alleyway, the dark red brick walls looking even more looming than ever, and the shadows lurking in the corners, as if spying on the two of them. Elixir shuddered at the feeling of being watched, but shook the thought away as she tried to brighten up the eerie silence.

 "So how do you like being part of the Origin then?" Elixir gazed at Damien thoughtfully. She'd never seen such a peculiar entrance as his. How had he not been followed? How did he know where he was going?

 "Oh, everyone seems pretty..um..welcoming...I guess." He rubbed the back of his neck in an unsure manner. Elixir laughed.

 "The boys just aren't sure about you. They'll get over it."

"I'm not sure. What powers have you guys got?" He asked, casually flicking away the old remenants of a conversation topic, and replacing it with a new one.

"Well..." Elixir laughed modestly "Crystalline has super enhanced reflexes, Archer- speed, Chase- Strength, and I have flexibility."

The black haired boy grinned. 

"That's cool." He glanced behind him.

He glanced around again, as if unsure if anyone was following him.

"Oh don't worry, you're safe with..." Elixir started, but suddenly Damien winced, squeezing his eyelids tight together. And then he stopped, and was back to normal. 

That's odd, Elixir thought, but she laughed it off.

"Are you alright? You seem in pain?"

Damien grinned at her, and then shrugged.

"Oh nah just the contact lenses." He froze. His eyes wide and his mouth ajar slightly. Elixir stared in horror.

"Contact lenses? You mean coloured contacts? You're not one of us are you?" She raised her voice questioningly. Damien's face changed from panicked, to frustrated and then regained himself, keeping calm. 

He turned and faced her, smirking slightly. She avoided eye contact with him, glaring angrily at his shoulders.

"Answer me." She whispered, almost full of rage.

"Well, you're smart aren't you? Leaping dangerously to conclusions. I've heard about you. We all have. Sadly, I'm not one of you. I'm one of the X. Luckily for me, I don't need your silly little superhuman strengths. I have backup." He walked to her, and turned her by her shoulders, so that she was facing the same direction that he was looking in.

"You see that black Mercedes Benz? Yeah? Well, we can do this the hard way, or the easy way. The X are waiting for us. We either walk, silently, calmly over to the car, where you will sit, and be droven to the X. Or we can do it the hard way. A fight. You ending up unconcious, and then we drive there all the same." He smiled her in a charming way. "So it's a win win situation for me anyway."

Elixir brought her hand up and slapped him, so hard that he took a small step back.

"Oh no no, you don't get it! A fight as in like this!" He clicked in the air, and a small dart flew from behind, hitting Elixir in the neck.

She gasped. Her world was sent spinning. She tried to reach for the dart. To do anything to stop it from...

From...

Everything went black.