Something More Than a Hug

Izuku POV (oof again sorry)

I was thinking about Todoroki so much that my mom came inside the room, wondering why I wasn't at the table eating breakfast.

"Izuku! Are you okay? Sick?" she continued, still having that worried expression. Her hand reached out to touch me, but for some reason, I flinched away from it.

Kacchan messed me up bad yesterday...

"Mom I'm fine, I'm fine. I just spaced out.." I awkwardly laugh, trying to reassure her. I stand up and see the uniform loosely hanging on the doorknob. My mom gave me a final glance before walking out to let me dress up quickly.

Putting on my uniform was kind of a struggle since everything hurt, but after ten minutes I managed to get everything on. I quickly went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror above the sink. There were bandages on my face almost everywhere, but besides that my bruises were covered up by the uniform. Brushing my hair here and there, I smile faintly into the mirror and leave to get some small breakfast.

Of course, I was about to be late.

Putting the toast in my mouth and sprinting through the door, I ran to school again. I was running realllly fast since I would get a panic attack if I was late to school (haha relatable..).

.. and obviously, that was a bad idea

I slowed down to a slow jog as I saw Todoroki in front of me. Please don't notice me, please don't notice me.. oh-

This damn pebble on the ground I tripped on, sent me flying and smashing my face against Todoroki's back. Pain pulsed through my face- especially my nose. A small 'oof' was let out from Todoroki, and we both fell to the snowy ground. I sat up on his back, and then quickly scrambled off of him. "Todoroki! I'm s-so sorry! I was running and I tripped and it just.."

Todoroki POV

For a second, I thought someone tried to kick me in the back for some reason. I tried to defend myself but they have already lied on top of me. I turned my head around to see Izuku, groaning in pain but then quickly getting up and apologizing.

"It's alright, Midoriya." I sighed, now on my feet while brushing off the snow on my uniform. I smiled to myself, stepping closer to him. Lightly grabbing his chin and making him look at me, I noticed all the bandages and wounds on his face. "Are you okay? You didn't get hurt while falling, did you?" I asked him, leaning in a little closer.

I don't know how or who did this, but he was obviously beaten up. Who the hell would do this to Izuku?! Are they out of their goddamn minds?

I noticed Izuku was a little scared and worried, his rosy lips pressing together. He does look more appealing with those bandages on.. but for now, I'm seriously going to kill whoever did this to him.

"Todoroki..?" His eyes held a confused look, staring into mine. "I said I'm okay, there's nothing you should worry about." A small smile forms as he slowly steps back, obviously uncomfortable. Of course, I tightened my grip on his chin so he wouldn't get further away from me. You are not getting out of my site today. Not with that kind of face. 

"Um, we're gonna be late for class.." he nervously mumbles out, eager to go. I nod and let go of him, although I was right by his side as we walked to class.