❸ Friends

d o n t g o l o o k a t me w i t h
t h a t l o o k i n y o u r e y e

∞∞∞

Over and over again, I tossed in my bed while replaying the utterly stupid and pointless conversation I had with Aurora a few hours ago.

"JAELLA! YOU HAVE SOMEONE AT THE DOOR FOR YOU!" My mom cried. I waddled over to the door to see a familiar blonde teenager; my friend and ex-nemesis, Aurora Roberts.

"Ooh girl," She said, "I need your help."

I stared at her blankly waiting for her to continue. "Yes? What is it?" I could feel Ty's eyes burn through the back of my skull, making heat rush up to my face.

"Woah, woah wait. There's a cutie behind you, care to share?" The blonde girl eyed my new roommate up and down.

"Ew! Aurora you have a boyfriend!" I scolded.

"Right," She slapped her forehead lightly, "I do, yes. I indeed have a boyfriend." I cocked an eyebrow at her strange behaviour but decided to let it slide.

"Now, can you tell me what you need?"

"Oh yeah! Well you see, I really don't know what dress to wear for tomorrow!" Aurora frowned.

I inhaled sharply and looked back at Ty who was noticeably trying to hold in his laugh. He looked around the room, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"You came all the way here... for that?! Couldn't you have just texted me?"

"Well where's the fun in that?" She said happily. "So which one?" She held up two dresses in front of me. A frilly yellow dress and a silvery disco one.

"Yellow." I said grumpily and slammed the door. I could hear her protest from the outside but I was far too tired to care.

I checked my phone to see how long I had been up for.

5:32am

It's been about an hour since I woke up so I decided it was too late to try catch some more Z's. Going back on my phone once again, I sent a quick text to Lloyd, asking if he'd want to go on a quick jog before school starts at 9. Within a few seconds he responded with a simple 'sure'.

I tumbled out of my bed and reached into my dressers. I pulled out some black runnings shoes, a tank top and my fluorescent yellow hoodie. I also grabbed my old Reebok's then made my way downstairs with my phone and earbuds. I tried to be as silent as possible while going down the wooden stairs, I had to be cautious of all the sleeping people in my house at the moment. Just as I was about to head out of the door, I heard footsteps coming behind me.

There stood Ty with a disgusted and  confused expression while in all athletic gear, holding his pair of running shoes. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Excuse me?" I was shocked at his choice of words. "What am I doing? What are you doing?"

"Going for a run, obviously." He rolled his eyes while he tied up his shoes.