Part 9

Rebellious

As Jungkook pulled away breaking the sweet contact of their lips, he immediately knew that his decision to do so was right.

He didn't need to know her. He didn't need to recall her name because his soul felt like it had never forgotten her, not even for a second.

Her touch was perfect, the way she tasted was like the elixir of life itself to him. The power that was keeping him close to her was... undeniable.

"I love you." He whispered on her lips with his eyes still closed, speaking the words his soul was demanding him to.

"You can't." She told him and he opened his eyes, observing her tears that were falling slowly, while her eyes were glued on his face, gazing at him full of love, but sadness as well.

"I don't care." He responded before bringing her into another kiss, this time more possessive as if he wanted to keep her there forever. As if he would stop breathing if he was to let go of her.

His head was filled only with thoughts of having her beside him, of holding her hand and making her smile. Of living a happy life with her.

But those thoughts were nothing but hopeless dreams and he could feel that. He could feel the universe dragging them apart, as she ended the kiss and took some steps backwards, placing a distance between them.

"In the end, it seems I once again failed. I...am gonna hurt you soon. Jungkook." Sofia's words slipped bitterly out of her tasty lips, her hand clenched into fists beside her body.

"You are worried about me. While you are the one that had it worse. How can I not love you? How can I not see the blinding light of your beautiful soul?" He smiled at her as he said so, her eyes looking up at him and a smile reaching soon after, on her lips.

" I suppose it was hard. Being born always remembering you, existing till the day that we would meet each other only to then get erased from everyone's memories. Falling for you and dying in your arms, only for you to forget that I ever existed and be happy without me after I am gone. " Her words were simple, and true as this was the reality she had experienced in every life she had lived in.

Her family that she would grow to love every time, would not recognize her after the day he would let his eyes meet hers. She would have no friends or anyone. She existed yet didn't till the day that her breath was to be taken away, protecting him.

But as time passed, she didn't care about establishing relationships with anyone in any life, she didn't need family members because they weren't her family. She didn't need friends because she was going to get erased anyways. However, she needed him and his love that she could never have for more than a special amount of time.

A time that was running out, and her attempt to make him hate her had failed, leaving her only waiting for her death or better said his death. But since the roads of their fate have changed because of the recalling of her name that day, she wasn't sure if she would be able to prevent his death this time and die in his stead.

And she definitely wasn't ready to live that experience and go through that pain. Because he was all she ever had, even if it was for some mere days. One moment of his love was worth more than living a million years.

"I am sorry." Was all he said after her words, his eyes reflecting the pain he felt for her.

He felt guilty. He didn't know what he had done nor he remembered anything but he felt guilty and hurt. Worthless and in despair that he couldn't keep her, as his soul was screaming for him to do.

"Don't worry. I won't let you go through any pain like that. I will just end this here and maybe we will meet. Next time." A smile appeared on her lips as she left those hopeful words that sounded like a final goodbye to him. Making his heart grow fearful.

"You will cry again. You will get hurt again but after an hour you won't remember me. So.. Just bear with it. One more time." Her words meant to reassure him, even though whatever was it that she could say nothing could make better the pain that he was feeling and was about to feel.

I don't want to forget you.

These were the words that passed through his head as he observed her climbing up the safety bars and getting herself to the other side of them, her hands shakily holding onto the cold bars as she watched the water under her.

Sofia turned her head and looked back at him, the warm smile on her lips reaching to her ears, making his eyes become glassy, reflecting her figure that was about to let his vision at any moment.

"Maybe next time, I will be able to change our fate. Don't lose hope. We will meet again.Jungkook." She said before her body slipped down, getting lost from his vision and soon the sound of her body coming in contact with the water reached to his ears.

Was he really letting her go like this? Was he really just going to stay still, waiting for her for God knows how much?

No. He. Couldn't.

Jungkook swiftly jumped over the safety bars and jumped onto the river without fear. His eyes closed tightly as he hit against the water.

His skin became cold inside the beautiful river and that was now taking his breath, his arms fighting to swim out of instinct, till he opened his eyes and saw a little further, Sofia's body, sinking, unmoved.

He swam till he reached her, taking her into his embrace and keeping her tight, as he ran out of breath, opening his mouth and creating bubbles that flew before his eyes.

He felt her hands hugging him back, as his consciousness started drifting away, his heartbeat dying slowly the same way hers was.

But at least they were together. This time he hadn't left her to die alone. This time they were together, even if it was for such a short moment. It was enough.

Because even though he was dying, his soul had never felt more alive. Even though he was living till now, at this moment that he was unable to breathe, he understood that he had never breathed, to begin with, because without her there was no life.

And at that moment, as their bodies were reaching the bottom engulfed together, holding tightly on each other, he remembered his first life and the first time he saw her.

That was the first time he had truly lived, he had truly breathed and since then he had never died. Because he was to be reawakened to life, every time he was to recall her.

He wasn't sure what this rebellious act would bring to their fate if they were to never meet again after he broke the rule and jumped on the waters, dying with her but he didn't need to live again if it was to put her through the pain.

This is enough for me. Our love may be cursed but it's eternal and this happiness is enough for me.

How alive I feel, dying with you. Is all I could ever wish for.

---To be continued...