Part 6

Calling

Jungkook was waiting at the front gate of his school from early morning, expecting her to arrive from moment to moment.

All night he had not slept, the same dream disturbing him over and over again.

This time though it had felt more real than ever, the wet feeling of her blood on his hands and her last breath that had left her body while he was keeping her close in his embrace, crying over her.

It was terrifying, every time a little more real than the next, as if one day it was to come real or as if once it was real.

As if he had lived that moment many many times before. However, he didn't remember her name till the last moment.

Even after she would stop breathing, she still was unknown.

His heart started beating faster once he saw her approaching. Once the two made eye contact, she halted for a second but then looked away and approached without fear.

As she was about to pass him by, ignoring his existence, Jungkook stepped in front of her path, making her cold gaze land on him.

She stepped on the right side and he did the same, then on the left and he followed again, making her look up at him now with an angered gaze.

"You sure have a wish for death early in the morning, don't you?" She spoke to him, her words hostile and threatening however he was determined.

"Tell me your name!" He said, his eyes dead serious as they were locked with hers.

She chuckled as she avoided his gaze, her expression turning somehow pained.

"You will never remember it anyway." Her words were a low whisper that he managed to catch, just before she pushed him aside and started walking towards the school.

"Tell me! I have to know! Please!" He yelled behind her, in a desperate tone as he truly was desperate to know. Something inside him was pushing him towards her, every second more, from the moment he had seen her, yet he wasn't sure what that something was.

He wasn't sure how could these feelings that were growing -like a hurricane inside him without an apparent reason- were possible. He wasn't sure why it was her that had actually made that happen, nor was he sure how to explain this situation.

She turned around and faced him, looking into his eyes for a while before opening her lips and telling him what he wanted to know.

Her name.

However, even though he heard it perfectly, his memory instantly deleted it leaving him with the same feeling of emptiness that caused him frustration.

"Again!" He told her and she lowered her head a little more as she spoke her name again.

"Again!!" She heard him say, tears welling in her eyes as she knew well that no matter how many times she would tell him, no matter how many times he would listen to her name, he would never remember it.

It was her destiny... Their destiny.

"Give up! Just give up! Stay away from me!" She yelled at him, showing him her teary eyes as she looked up before rushing into the school, leaving him behind.

Jungkook just watched her leave, his heart aching at the sight.

It was true, he couldn't remember it and he didn't understand why he couldn't. But he couldn't stay away from her either.

In a strange way, he felt like he should remember her, not only her name but much more, he felt like he was supposed to know her.

But he didn't.

He silently stepped inside his school as well. Once in his classroom, he couldn't help but glance at her for a brief moment as she was as always looking out the window.

He sat in his chair, paying no attention to all the classes that followed as his mind was not able to focus.

After school ended he was reminded by his teacher that he had detention since he had left yesterday, so he dragged his tired body to the detention room.

Once inside he noticed her, and somehow this detention time didn't seem that bad. He took a seat in the middle row quietly, as the teacher was in the room, observing them closely unlike the other day.

He couldn't even look at her as the teacher would tell him to look only ahead, somehow making the time pure torture.

He wanted to see her, every moment that ticked he became more and more eager to turn his head even for a split second and look at her, but his teachers' eyes were pinned on him, preventing him to do any action.

It was irritating.

At some point he started counting the minutes, waiting for this to be over and for him to be free to get out of that classroom, a thing that did happen, after what felt to him like ages even though it was just an hour.

She took her bag and left the room first as the teacher dismissed them, him following her with his eyes before he proceeded to get up and step out.

He maintained a distance of ten feet away from her as she took the way home, heading towards the metro station. He observed her from the back with questions occupying his mind.

Questions that made no sense nor he could find a logical solution.

She was always mean to him, from the first moment she had seen him. She had been bullying him from the very start that she had arrived at his school and somehow, even though she had done many things that would provide him with a reason to hate her, he never did.

In the beginning, he didn't care about her, even though the dreams were disturbing to him. He thought that since it was the first time that he was experiencing bullying, he might have been affected by that and that was the reason why his subconsciousness would portray her dying, through his dreams.

However every dream was different and that was weird, different places, different ways of death, different ages, and centuries, but the same ending. Her, dying.

Every dream had made him somehow start caring for her, in a way he wasn't able to understand till today.

It wasn't like, it wasn't pitying. His feelings were something stronger than that. Their connection was in an unexplainable way, stronger than anything he had felt till this moment.

And he didn't even know her name.

He saw her, reaching towards the traffic light the two of them had stopped at, the first time they made this road together, noticing the red colour of it.

However, she seemed to not be paying attention, making his heartbeat increase.

He rushed towards her, however, he was more than ten feet away as he had gotten lost in his thoughts and the distance between them had grown more without him noticing.

He found himself blocked in a crowd of people that had just appeared in a corner, making him unable to reach her on time.

If only he could say her name.

"Sofia!!" To his surprise, he yelled a name that made her head turn around, her eyes widening when she saw, who had called her.

Sofia       Her name     Sofia

----To be continued...