Part 8

Fated

Jungkook was standing frozen in the middle of the classroom, looking at his friend that seemed to not recognize him, just like everybody else was.

His mind had gone blank till he felt a hand grab his wrist and pull him out of the classroom. He didn't make any resistance, till he saw a hand waving before his face, bringing him back to reality.

"Get a grip on yourself!" Her voice reached his ears, snapping him out of his frozen state.

"Sofia. What is happening?" He asked her, once he realized that it was her that had pulled him out of that classroom and was actually dragging him down the corridors.

She didn't answer him. Instead, he just felt her grip on his wrist getting tighter as they walked down the stairs and eventually out of the school building.

Near the gate, Jungkook decided to put some resistance, halting his feet, and making her face him.

"Please explain." He pleaded to her as his eyes were displaying his vulnerability.

He wanted to hear an explanation. He deserved one. His life had become a mess since the day she came and walked in. Everything is just so strange and absurd. He had the right to demand an explanation.

"I told you to stay away from me, didn't I? Look what you have done now. What do you expect me to do?" She stormed at him, clearly stressed out as she had not seen this coming either.

She was as surprised as he was when she had entered the school and people had started greeting her, talking friendly to her. Recognizing her and acknowledging her existence.

Her life was never like that. It was his life. And because of his stupid stubbornness now, the roads of their fates have been swapped.

And that was terrifying in itself to her. Knowing well what awaits him, as she had lived that many many times.

She let a deep breath escape from her lips, after watching his pouting expression indicating that he was sorry.

"Okay. I will fix this. Don't worry." She told him, a quick smile reaching on her lips before vanishing as quickly as her body started vanishing, as she started running away.

When Jungkook realized what she was doing, she ran after her. Not having any intention of letting her go anywhere without explaining.

After some minutes of running, he lost her in a crowd, making his heart pound in fear, however to his good luck his vision didn't betray him, as he climbed atop a parked car and spotted her way ahead of him.

He got yelled at for his action, however, he dismissed whoever was it that was talking to him and kept running in the direction he last saw her.

He was running for quite a while when he came to a stop, taking in his surroundings and realizing his whereabouts. He was on the Han river. The bridge was laying before his sight, her figure being visible from a distance, that had stopped in place.

He smiled, thinking that she was taking a break, probably being out of breath after all that running, then he started approaching with light steps, giving a chance to himself to collect his own breathing.

However, his breath got caught in his throat, as he saw her trying to climb up the safety bars of the bridge. The realisation made his feet speed up by themselves in order to reach her.

"What do you think you are doing?! Are you crazy?!" He yelled at her, holding her arm tightly, as he pulled her away.

"Let go! You don't understand! It's for the best!" She yelled back, trying to shake his hand away.

"No! NO, I DON'T UNDERSTAND! SO HOW ABOUT YOU EXPLAIN!" He was surprised himself by his own voice, the rage in his tone coming off so scarily that had made her body freeze.

She stayed quiet for some minutes, her eyes suddenly getting glassy as she kept looking at him.

"I hate you." She murmured, her bottom lip getting caught under her teeth as she was fighting back her tears.

Jungkook released her forearm slowly as his heart felt as if a hand was clenching it, at the sight of her tears.

She was no one. She was his bully yet why did it hurt him so much, to see her in pain? Once again he couldn't understand his own feelings, his own heart.

"I hate you. I hate this fate, I hate this loneliness. I hate it all!!" She continued, her eyes now containing anger in them.

"I hate that I am the only one who has to remember. I hate that I can't escape from you. I hate that you always love me back. I hate that I always -" She halted her tongue, the tears finally scrolling down her cheeks.

"Die?" Jungkook completed her sentence, as his mind had travelled to the dreams he used to see.

It all made sense now. These weird unexplained feelings were hitting him like a storm. He knew her. He had met her so many times and he had loved her each one of them. His heart didn't forget easily and his mind was forced because of his feelings to recall her, in the form of dreams.

It was a crazy explanation but that's what he thought about at that moment while seeing her eyes. Even though his thoughts were impossible he could tell that they were the truth.

"No" Sofia murmured, her eyes turning soft as a pained smile reached her lips.

"I hate that I always hurt you." She added, making Jungkook's eyes get filled with tears as well, for the pain was growing to become unbearable.

"You always look so broken, every time you lose me. You cry desperately. I just wanted this time to change our ending." She narrowed the distance between them, while her fingers slowly reached to cup his cheek.

"If you would hate me, you wouldn't be sad when the time for us to part would come. You wouldn't be hurt and I -" Jungkook stopped her words as he leaned forward, connecting his lips to hers.

His action got her by surprise, her eyes widening as her hand -which was touching his cheek till a moment ago-, was left hanging in mid-air, till his hand reached to hers and pulled it down, while still kissing her.

His other arm had snuggled behind her back, pulling her closer, while his lips moved slowly upon hers, making her heartbeat the only sound that was reaching her ears as she closed her eyes, enjoying the lips of the man she had been reborn to taste over and over again.

The man she had died for as many times as she was reborn, only to meet him, love him, and lose him. A never-ending circle. A cursed fate that they chose themselves, in hopes of one day being together.

Of one day being free to love each other the way they couldn't back then, in their first life.

A life that was more than unfair for both of them. As all they had ever done was love. Madly, wholeheartedly and deeply. Love... Each other.

---To be continued...