Part 7

Erased

Jungkook's body was trembling as his vocal cords left out her name, her eyes looking at him, widening in shock.

The world seemed to have stopped as they locked eyes, the sounds of the cars and the people becoming faded into the background.

The light behind her had turned green and people started crossing the street, while she remained frozen, not being able to believe what had just happened. However when she realized it, fear stroked her, making her look around in panic.

Jungkook got out of his daze in the meantime and run to her side, making her panicked face grow more visible before her feet attempted to flee away from him.

To her bad luck, Jungkook was faster and reached her, before she had the chance to pass the street, grabbing a hold of her wrist and turning her to face him.

Her skin felt cold under his fingers as if she was terrorized by him, her fingers trembling as she tried to free herself, forcing him to push her back at a wall, in an attempt to keep her still.

Blocked between his body, Sofia gazed up at him again. Their eyes finding each other.

"Let Go!!" She shouted at him, gaining the attention of some passersby.

"No! Not before you explain!" He shouted back, now fighting to keep her from leaving.

Whispers started filling the atmosphere around them, as it looked like he was harassing a helpless girl but that thought disappeared soon from the passersby's minds, as she kicked him in the middle of his legs, letting him fall to the ground. Growling in pain.

She looked at him, a little scared of the possibility that she might have hurt him too much but then she remembered that he wasn't the one in danger. So she left him there and run away at full speed. Trying to escape from a fate she knew well that she couldn't.

Jungkook was still rolling on the ground till a random stranger approached him and helped him to stand up. Jungkook politely thanked him many times while bowing to the stranger who soon after offered to get him a taxi home.

He accepted the offer as he knew well that there was no point in running after her now. He would see her tomorrow anyways and tomorrow he would be more careful with her.

The older stranger helped him hop inside the taxi before wishing him a good drive home and he just rested his head on the window, while he still was in quite some pain from her sneaky attack.

He hugged his belly cautiously before letting himself get lost in his thoughts that consisted of the scary moment he just lived.

She could have died. If that name hadn't been suddenly born in his mind out of nowhere, she could have ended like in his dreams and that was terrifying.

And her facial expression made him think that she knew about it too. She was so scared, her eyes were so terrified, the feeling of her skin so cold as if her blood had stopped circulating in her body for a moment.

But what was it that she was scared of? Why was it so important for her to keep him away? Suddenly he started understanding that maybe her bullying had a purpose.

The purpose to keep him away or to make him dislike her so he wouldn't get involved with her. Was he putting her in danger?

He couldn't understand. Everything was so confusing. She was confusing. The feelings of love inside him for her were confusing. And he was ready to explode at this point.

He just wanted to know what was it that he didn't know. What was it that he had to find out? Was that thing so scary that could make him have an expression just like the one she had some minutes ago?

He couldn't help but wonder, till he reached home.

He opened the door to his house, welcomed by silence as it seemed that his parents were not home yet, and somehow this time he preferred that. He wasn't in the mood to talk with anyone about anything except if it was her.

He entered his room, letting his body slam on his light blue bedsheets, before folding his arms under his head and gazing up at the ceiling.

Sofia... Sofia... It sounds so dear... Sweet.

He thought, a smile of satisfaction reaching his lips as he finally knew her name.  Her face popped up in his mind, his heart beating faster than before at the recall while a weird warmth engulfed his body.

"I will stay away from you if it's for your good but first, I have to know what are you to me" He mumbled to himself as a new wave of determination woke up inside him.

He stayed in that position for a while, ending up falling asleep and waking up the next morning from his mother's nagging voice.

"Kookie dear! You will get late!" He heard her voice echo in his room, before feeling a slight shaking on his shoulder that made him open up his eyes.

He smiled at his mother, before engulfing her in a hug, whispering good morning to her.

He then got up, heading to do his morning routine while humming songs. A thing that made his mother think that her son had woken up in an extremely good mood.

And that was kinda true because Jungkook had slept so peacefully last night. No bad dream had disturbed his heart or mind this time.

After finishing, Jungkook ate breakfast in a hurry, as he was anticipating reaching his school. To see her.

He ran quicker than usual once on the streets, his heart growing louder at every step he made.

Once at the gate, he stormed inside at full speed, not containing his wish of being in class already but when that happened his excitement died down, as he opened the door to his class, only to witness that the lesson had already started.

"I apologize. I am late." He bowed to the teacher, who for a strange reason was looking at him confused, the same way that everyone was.

"Excuse me young man but I think you have mistaken the classroom." The teacher told him making him now the one that was confused.

"What are you talking about Sir? This is my class and my classmates. Are you joking with me, Mr Lee?" Jungkook smiled at him, thinking of his words as a joke but then his smile faded, seeing his facial expression that remained serious.

His eyes travelled to his classmates that were looking at him puzzled and whispering to each other, probably about him.

Then he caught her gaze which made him feel a weird pain in his heart as if a needle had pierced through it.

"I have never seen you before, I don't even think that you are a student at this school. How did you get in here, young man?"The teacher asked him, a suspicious gaze in his eyes as he looked him up and down.

Jungkook was left speechless, not understanding what was going on. Why did no one seem to know him?

This must be a joke.

He thought as he turned around and run away, heading to the classroom of his Hyung, where he barged in without caring about anything.

"Hyung!" He yelled at his friend that was looking at him, as surprised as everyone else.

Jungkook looked at him only and the guy confused looked around him, not knowing to whom that unknown to him, guy, was referring.

"Are you talking to me?" He questioned, making Jungkook's eyes grow wide, as his heart dropped.

"You... You don't know me?" He asked him, his heart beating loudly in uneasiness as his mind was about to go crazy.

"Why do I have to know you? Are you famous?" The guy joked, making the classroom get filled with giggles that didn't reach Jungkook's ears as he had currently gone blank.

What is happening?

----To be continued...