Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Two Years Later.....

Denali sat in her room, meditating silently and peacefully. She could sense them coming even before her door slid open. Her two lightsabers were tightly in her grasp as her wrists rested on her knees. The sound of their feet was barely heard on the floor, but it was still audible. The two ignited their lightsabers as they stood on either side of her. Green and purple light filled the room, shining against the walls. Denali ignited her sabers as well, blue rays of light coming from her hands.

"You were too loud, you'll need to work on that." the master told her students as her eyes opened. Less than a second later, she was up and swinging her blades. Blue smashed against purple, then green as attacks were deflected and put into motion. Chewie and Sekhmi had come far within a two-year period of time.

"You're strong, Master." Chewie said as he lept over her blue blade, rolling across the floor, then jumping back up to his feet.

"Thanks, Chewie. But stay focused." Denali instructed as she locked blades with Sekhmi, becoming stuck within an intense battle of strength. Sekhmi felt the sweat dripping down her brow as the heat coming from her lightsaber radiated towards her skin. Chewbacca took that moment to attack, catching his master off guard. Extending his palm forward, he sent a powerful Force-push in her direction, throwing both Denali and Mi off their feet.

"That was a smart plan, Chewie, but be mindful of your allies." Denali told him as she quickly stood up, igniting her two lightsabers again. When they had gone with Sekhmi to create her lightsaber over a year ago, Denali had also created another lightsaber as well. 

"Yes, Master." he said to her, lunging at the woman. She easily blocked the swipe from his weapon, slamming the blue blade against his green one. After a second, she ducked and rolled out of the way, then turned her lightsabers off and hung them on her belt.

"That's enough for now, padawans." she told them. Chewie and Mi deactivated their lightsabers and put them back on their belts, then bowed to their master.

"Yes, Master." they both said at the same time. A moment later, they dropped all formalities and stood by their master's face, huge smiles on their faces, as a nine-year-old boy ran into the room. Denali smiled as he jumped up onto her back, hugging her from behind as she locked her arms under his knees.

"So, Master, are you going to the tournament at Hondo's place?" Chewbacca asked. Denali thought for a moment.

"Well, I don't think so." she said to them. They all groaned sadly at her reply.

"But Master, you're an excellent fighter. If you won the match-" Mi said, but was interupted by Boba.

"Then you'd be totally awesome!" he told her with a grin. Denali chuckled at his cute comment, then sighed. "Come on, Denali." Boba continued. "You've been such a great fighter in all of Uncle Danik's fighting tournaments. You don't have anything to lose here. Just go in, kick a few pirate butts, win, then come back home. Simple as that."

"I wish it was that simple, Boba." Denali told them. "But it's not. Hondo doesn't know that I'm a Jedi, and it would be best if it stayed like that. What would happen if he found out? He'd most likely attempt to capture me, then barter me off to the highest bidder for the most credits. And what would you guys do if that happened to me?"

"We'd rescue you." Sekhmi said with her arms folded over her chest, a 'Duh' kind of tone in her voice.

"Yeah, Uncle Danik would either buy you from him or help us save you." Boba chimed in.

"That's adorable, guys. But I would rather not take that chance. No matter how awesome it would be to show those pirates' who's boss." Denali told them with a smirk. The three sighed sadly, but knew that they wouldn't be able to persuade her decision. When she had her mind set on something, there was no chance at changing it. And they were sure of that.

"Alright, Master." Mi told her with a shrug. She turned around and began to leave, with Chewie following close behind. Boba hopped down and quickly ran after the two as they exited Denali's bedroom. She took a deep breath as soon as they had left, then walked into her personal bathroom. Pressing the green button on the wall, the lights turned on and she could see her reflection in the mirror. 

Her hair was braided down her back, one blue eye shining, and the other hidden behind her eye-patch. Her jean-vest covered her white tank-top, black pants and boots covered her lower half of her body. Taking a shaky breath, she reached for her eye-patch.

But stopped.

'Obi, are you there?' she thought, her eyes closed.

'Denali?'

She was surprised by how quickly he had replied to her thoughts since they hadn't spoken in over two years. 

'Is everything alright? Are you hurt?' she heard him. A small smile appeared on her lips as she opened her eyes and looked at herself in her mirror.

'Everything is fine, Obi. I'm happy that you're talking to me.' 

'Of course I'm talking to you, why wouldn't I?'

''I don't know. Let's just get to the whole purpose of this little meeting. I walked into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I realized that I have worn this eye-patch for over two years now. I think it's about time that I found out if my eye has gotten better or worse, don't you think?'

'Go ahead, take it off. I want to see you again. And if your eye being as beautiful as ever means that I'll get to kiss you once more after all these years, then I'm all for it.' Denali smiled at his thoughts.

'Alright, here goes nothing.' She thought to him as she inhaled deeply. Lifting a shaky hand up to her face, she gently slid her thumb beneath the black leather fabric of her eye-patch. Grabbing the fabric, she pulled it off and saw her eye for the first time in months. She blinked a few times, the sudden burst of light from the bathroom affecting her sight for a moment. After her eye had adjusted, she looked at her reflection once again.

'So? Are you still gorgeous as ever?' she heard Obi-Wan. She could sense that he was just messing with her, but only slightly. She could feel that he was trying to hide his true nervousness by masking it with fake happiness. Smirking, she answered his question.

'I guess you'll find out when I get home.'

____________________________________________________

Quick Announcement:

I'm going to be adding some chapters based on the Clone Wars series that was on Cartoon Network. I won't be adding many, unless you guys enjoy my future chapters. Please tell me what you think about this in the comment section or PM me. And sorry for such a short chapter, I'll try to make them longer next time.

~Madness