Chapter Forty-Two

Okay, guys. This is the last chapter. So it's going to be a little shorter. Enjoy!

Chapter Forty-Two

"Master Bleway, happy to see that you are well, I am." Master Yoda remarked kindly from his seat. The Council had gathered once more, this time to finish what should never have been started. There was something about his words that seemed off to her, though. They sounded forced, but still somewhat sincere. Denali was surprised by how many Council members showed up for this meeting personally. Usually at least three members would be off on a mission somewhere on a distant planet, but not today. That made Denali uneasy. She must've been in some serious trouble.

"Thank you, Master Yoda." She replied, her voice just as kind. "Healing took some time, but now I'm back and ready for action once more."

There was a silence so tension-filled between Master Bleway and the Council that she could've scooped it up and flung it at Master Windu.

"Talk with you, we must. Another serious decision, we have made." Master Yoda told her. Denali's eyes widened. So did Obi-Wan's. He hadn't been informed of another 'decision' that was being made. 

"What decision, exactly?" Master Kenobi asked. Denali was shocked to realize that he was just as blind in this as she was. He was on the Council, after all. That usually meant that he was involved with all decisions being made. It was quite peculiar that he had been left out of the loop on this one.

"We didn't tell you about this because we knew you'd be against it either way, Master Kenobi." Master WIndu informed him from his seat. 

"What decision?" Denali spoke up, tired of being talked around and not to. Suddenly, all the Jedi in the room stood up from their seat in a single movement of bodies. It was over-whelming to see how in sync they were, how serious their expressions became. Obi-Wan had no idea what was happening, so he remained seated. The Council members surrounded her, blocking her from any possible means of escape.

Master WIndu stepped forward, obviously trying to hide the smirk on his lips. Denali's heart was beating like a drum. And not in a good way. Obi-Wan wasn't in any better state. Whenever Windu had a smirk like that on his face, that meant something really bad was about to happen to someone he really didn't like.

In this case, that person he didn't like was her.

"Due to your currently unstable and unreliable actions as a mentor and a Jedi in general-"

With a quick thrust and twist of his hands, he ripped Denali's lightsabers from her belt.

"you are barred from the Jedi Order."

~End of Book 2~