Party Twenty Three: Because of You

Start from the beginning

Maggie blew out heavily through her mouth when her mother finished speaking, causing all heads to turn towards her. "What?" She glanced to and fro from everyone.

(PS

(PS. This me sitting in during my law lectures 💀)

"Is there something you'll like to add, Maggie?" Doctor Briggs asked the youngest of the four. She shook her head 'no', crossed her legs and sat back.

"You may proceed."

Doctor Briggs nodded, then began to address everyone. "The reason that you're all here today is to help Lauren, understand and work through her insecurities. Lauren, if I may?" She directed the question towards her client who nodded. "Well, Lauren came to me a couple months ago seeking help in dealing with some issues, that had been disrupting her in her personal life. And in order to accept these things about her that she cannot change, and to forgive those who have hurt her, she needs to hash out the root of her problems; which revolves around her family."

Lauren was a tad bit too nervous. She didn't want to have to sit down with her parents and talk about these things. They were never the family to talk about feelings. She was fine with Maggie being there, but she felt as though her parents would be secretly judging her.

"But before we go any further, I'll like to inform you that I will be making notes throughout our session. Is that okay with you all?" They nodded. "So, let's dive right in, shall we?" She turned towards her client. "I'll like for each of you to tell a secret that no one knows."

The room had immediately fell quiet. The shuffling and movement that the Jaureguis were doing had instantly stopped.

"You can take your time, I'm not singling out anyone. So whoever is willing to go first, may begin."

Lauren sighed heavily. "I'll go first." Maggie grabbed her hand, as she was sat next to her elder sister and gave it a light squeeze. Lauren was grateful for that. "I uh...I cheated on Camila...with Hailee."

"You what?!" Mike asked in shock

"You what?!" Mike asked in shock. He looked at his wife and Maggie. "Why does no one seem shocked besides me?"

Maggie shrugged. "Maybe because you're never around, father?"