Part Twenty Two: Family

Start from the beginning

A look of shock crossed Valentina's face but she tried to hide it, but unfortunately for her, Camila had noticed it. "Do you remember your abuelo Alejandro?"

Izzy furrowed her eyebrows in thought. She had one of her hands tangled in Rebecca's hair. "Yes, he's your daddy?"

Camila nodded. "She's your abuelo's wife."

"It's nice to meet you, Isabella," Valentina said.

"I like Izzy," she stretched her arms out for the woman. Valentina took a moment before she obliged and held the child. Izzy wrapped her arms around her, causing Valentina to smile. "Hi."

The woman laughed softly. "Hi, Izzy. I brought something for you," Becky gave her mother the gift, who then gave it to Izzy. "I'm not sure if it's okay with you?" She looked from Lauren to Camila.

Lauren shrugged. It wasn't up to her to begin with.

"It's fine," Camila said. "Izzy what do you say?"

"Thank you, abuelita," the child hugged the woman and took the gift. Valentina placed her back down so she can open it. When she opened the velvet box, there was a gold locket in it. "What's this?" She handed it to Lauren who opened it. There was a tiny picture of Alejandro in it, along with Camila.

"It was Ale's," Valentina said. "He had bought it many years ago and was intent on giving you it," she looked at Camila, "but he never could've done it. He was too scared to face you. So he kept it in his bedside drawer all those years up to his death."

Becky stooped to her niece's height and took the locket from Lauren. "Do you want me to put it on for you?" Izzy nodded. "There you go." Camila didn't say anything. She was too deep in thought. Even though she had finally let go of all the hurt from her childhood to now, she still often wondered what type of relationship she would've had with her father, had he still been alive.

Would she have moved pass all this?

"Izzy?"

The child looked up at Lauren, "Why don't you show your new abuela and tía your room?"

Izzy nodded in excitement. Valentina was about to protest because why would she want to see a five year old's room to begin with? But she reluctantly went along with it and headed upstairs with her daughter and granddaughter.  

Lauren then turned to her wife. "Are you okay, amor?"

Camila sighed. "I'm fine. Just thinking."

"About your dad?"

"No about the fact that my fans are driving me crazy demanding the album, Roger is up my ass, Izzy keeps subtly asking for a dog, and since the earth is dying, why can't I be dead to?"

Lauren blinked for a few moments until she responded. "Well that went from zero to one hundred real quick."

Camila laughed and rolled her eyes. "I'm kidding, babe. I'm too young to die. I meant the whole until death do us part thing. I ain't gonna die for some whore to scoop you up. Nope. No way José." Her wife snorted and placed a kiss on her lips. "Do it again."

"If I have to," Lauren sighed dramatically and kissed Camila again. "So...back to you. Is it about your dad? You never really went into what went down at your session the other day."