36. Can we go? ~ MASON

I had never had a one-night-stand

I had never had a one-night-stand. I'd never experienced that disoriented feeling you get after waking up in an unfamiliar bed next to a person you don't know. But for a split second, that's what it felt like when I woke up in somebody's arms.

I was so used to waking up with somebody wrapped up in my own arms that I literally thought 'where the fuck am I?' before realizing that I was looking at a nightstand with a phone on it, and a watch, and that both belonged to Kenny.

I couldn't keep myself from smiling when I looked down to see him hugging me in his sleep, which was suffocatingly hot, but so terribly sweet that I just couldn't bring myself to care. I wriggled around in his arms to face him, but he was still sleeping soundly, with his mouth slightly open even though he breathed through his nose. I reached up to move a loose strand of blond hair away from his forehead and then just kind of lay there, looking at him. It was pretty surreal that I was here, in his bed, after we'd... had sex. Made love. I hadn't planned for it to happen, but once we were getting naked and everything, it'd felt so right and I was so fucking done ignoring that feeling. If I'd told him I wasn't ready, that would have been a lie. I'd just be waiting for the sake of waiting. For the sake of etiquette. But who cares about what's considered 'normal' if we both wanted it?

Which I did. I had no regrets whatsoever. I felt like I got to know a side of Kenny that I never knew I wanted to know, and now I was addicted. I'd known him for years, but I was still learning new things about him, and I loved that. I wanted to know more.

I raised my hand to brush back the strand of hair again after it defiantly flopped back over his forehead and smiled when his nose twitched in his sleep. After I moved my hand down the side of his face, he started frowning and then opened his eyes. For a moment, he looked at me as if he was still dreaming and then came to the realization that he wasn't and smiled. With a croaky morning voice, he said, "Good morning."

"Morning."

"Did you sleep well?"

I smiled, because in all honesty, I hadn't slept so well in years. Then again, I'd never had someone made love to me the way Kenny did. He'd done a pretty good job with fucking exhausting me. I really hadn't expected it to be that... intense. It was very different from being the one who... well, the one who did the love-making.

"Yeah, I did."

He nodded while yawning and stretching and then suddenly pulled me into a hug and said, "Ah, I could stay here all day."

"Why don't we?"

"Mason, we have like a thousand exams coming up."

"Oh, right... shit."

"Yes," he said, pulling back to give me this incredibly rare infectious smile. "But we can stay for a little while."

A little while quickly became a whole hour, which was absolutely ridiculous because we were doing literally nothing but hanging around and talking. But then Floyd came in, bursting our little bubble, and I scrambled up as if my own mother had entered the room and blurted, "Kenny, we should be studying!"