Chapter 6 [EDITED]

ACE

There was a time when I used to love this club. Xeon was the first thing I ever built without Padre's help. Of fucking course I loved it. I still do. Even if it belongs to my brother now, the people, the respect I got, the name that I earned here.

Ace Diablo Martinez.

I wasn't a bit surprised that people compared me to the devil. Even the devil had tricks under his sleeves, just like I was the trickster no one ever saw coming. I test the weight of the gun in my waistband and smile. Time for the game to start.

"Let's go."

My partner is silent from the moment she got into the car. Even now as we walk into the Xeon, she's blankly staring at the men around us. I see someone looking at her with interest but the moment he sees me behind her, he slips into the crowd with fear in his eyes.

Good for him...

"Do not talk if not asked, Barbie," I don't know why I force her to take my hand instead. It wouldn't matter anyway. If anyone wants her, it will be Ares's choice to give them the order to do whatever they want with her.

Fuck! She was never supposed to come between my plans. So, I serve the warning by making her look at the eyes of the lustful men. "Don't forget I'm still your captor. You do one mistake, Barbie. One tiny step wrong and you will be theirs to do whatever with."

Her breathe hitches and she stops walking. Just like that time when I had her pinned under me. Even then she moaned when she was supposed to be angry at me. She should have tried to run. I would have chased her down and punished her for running.

She's not getting my rules, not playing my games as I hoped.

But she will. Something tells me for her brother, she will do anything. Even play a sinister game with a devil.

"I-I won't say a word." She nods, avoiding my eyes.

"Buena niña."

She doesn't say anything after that. The only time her eyes widen over slightly when I open the storage door to get to the main part of the club.

"Why are we in the storage room? Are you going to leave me here? Y-You are, aren't you? I can't stay here. I can't!"

Technically, I can fix her misunderstanding but this is the first time for a fleeting moment, I have seen true fear in her eyes. So even if time is running out, I grin, closing the door with a loud thud.

"Are you afraid?"

In the dark, it's hard to see but I can hear her choke on a gasp. Definitely afraid.

"It's not funny." I hear her little retort but for her sake, she can't even fake the bravery. When I don't say a thing, sure enough, her voice cracks. "L-Let me out. Now!"

A smile graces my face but I doubt she noticed that. Appearing beside her, I flip the switch. The room fills with sudden bright light, making her wince. Hiding my own amusement, I run my finger around the wall until I find the hidden latch. Turning the lock, not a second later, I hear the automatic voice which makes her jump in fright.

"Code."

"LaDiabloEme."

"Welcome to Xeon." The voice mutters while opening the door of the elevator. Satisfied, I enter noticing her wry gaze at me. Other than basking in the dumbfounded look on her face, I find myself sighing in irritation.

"What?"

She opens and closes her mouth before following me in with shock in her eyes. "This...is an elevator."