Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I was busy drying myself with Ashton's towel when we were done filming the music video at midnight. I had school tomorrow too. That's just great.

Everyone went into their own cars while Calum and I went into Luke's and we drove away.

It's been a half hour since the kiss and now it's really awkward between us.

"So..." Luke cleared his throat, "Did you have fun?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

After that, nobody talked and there was an awkward silence except for Calum occasionally filling us in on his career on the Kardashian app.

When Luke pulled in my driveway, I decided to clear this mess.

"Ok, listen. I don't want that kiss to get in the way of our friendship. It didn't mean anything. Right?" I asked him.

He hesitated for a moment and his eyebrows furrowed together like he was thinking of something.

"No. It didn't mean anything, we should just forget it happened."

"Okay. And thanks for the ride," I said and got out of the car and walked into my house.

After I took a shower, I went back into my room only to see Luke stripping out of his wet, soggy clothes through my window.

It took him a minute to notice me staring at him.

"OHMERGAWD MICHELLE STOP COMING INTO THE ROOM WHEN IM CHANGING GOD DAMMIT." He joked, covering his nipples.

I raised my arms in surrender, "Not my fault you don't close your curtains."

-

I woke up and felt so sick, I threw up twice.

I groaned, "MOM."

I started hitting the headboard with my head and yelling for my mom until she came in.

"Jesus Christ, Michelle. It's 6. Shouldn't you be getting ready for school? And why are you yelling?" She said, coming into the room, all ready for work,

"I'm sick."

She sighed and went over my symptoms. She took my fever and everything until she was convinced that I was sick.

"Are you sure you can't go to school?" She asked.

"Dammit mom. Of course I can. I mean, I only threw up twice. And it's not like I have the stomach bug or anything. You're a doctor, shouldn't you know this stuff?" I said sarcastically.

"Sorry, I just don't want you to miss a lot of days in your senior year. Have fun being sick alone. Take this medicine. Love you," she said, giving me some pills, kissing my forehead and walking out of my room.

I swallowed the pills and tried to go back to sleep until my mom walked back into my room.

"Luke!" She yelled through the window and Luke emerged, still in his pajama's.

"Yes, Mrs. Cross?" He replied sweetly.

"Are you going to work today?" My mom asked.

"No, I don't have to teach any classes today," he shrugged.

"Well can you please take care of Michelle? She's sick, and I can't stay at home because I have a really important meeting at work today," my mom explained.

"I don't need anyone to take care of me mom!" I whined.

"Of course, Mrs. Cross!" he exclaimed and smirked in my direction.