Chapter 2

Colton was making out with a blonde bimbo when I walked out. I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him down the hallway.

"Whoa. Uh... I'll call you later..."

"Melody," the girl answered unamused.

"Right. Well bye."

"Did he give you detention?" Colton asked.

"No."

"What happened though?"

"I asked him to tutor me in knitting because I wanted to see what he would say but he didn't say anything, he just stared at me like I was stupid so I left."

"Well that's rude. You don't just leave."

"Yeah well it was really when he was staring at me. Did you know that his eyes are exactly like Sam's?"

"Yeah it's creepy. They're like twins. What if they are twins?"

"Sam doesn't have siblings."

"Well what if they're long lost twins?"

"No."

"What if aliens had Sam's DNA and then they made a clone of him and -"

"Shut up, Colton."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Do you still wanna go to swim practice?" He asked. Colton drives me to swim team every week. He's my personal peasant - um, I mean chauffeur.

"Yeah. Lets go." I said as I opened the door to the passenger seat of Colton's car.

"You know, you should really learn how to drive, I mean you're a senior already and you'll have to drive to college next year..." Colton said.

"I know but I feel like I'll probably crash into something or someone when I drive. Or have a fire truck crash into my car like Mia." I explained. Mia was my 25 year old cousin who was driving one day and didn't hear the fire truck coming so she didn't stop and the fire truck literally crashed into half of her car. So if someone was sitting in the passenger seat, they would've died. Thankfully nobody got hurt .

He drove to the Countryside YMCA, where swim practice was being held.

"So I'll pick you up at 8?"

"Yup. And please don't have a girl in the backseat of your car like last time."

I changed into my blue suit and walked out to the pool area.

"Hi Meece," my coach, Ashton said, using the horrible nickname he picked out for me years ago.

"Ew. Stop calling me that. It sounds too much like grease."

He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "that's never going to happen."

He walked off and started talking to the other members.

"Alright! Run five laps around the big pool and after that, a 700 yd warm up, freestyle," his voice boomed.

----

After a long and intense workout, I waited outside the building for Colton.

I was texting on my phone until some arrogant butthole ran into me making me drop all the stuff I was carrying.

"Watch where you're going," I snapped.

"Oh sorry," the dude replied but sounded distracted, not even bothering to pick up my things that fell.

What a gentlemen.

I bent down to grab my swimming bag and phone. I then decided to look up to see who freaking bulldozed over me.

Are you shitting me? How is it that every time I turn around I see him?

"Mr. Hemmings hi!" I said,
Trying to get on his good side.

"Oh hi Michelle sorry I didn't see you there," he said and then looked around like he was expecting someone.

"Luke!" Ashton greeted, hugging him.

What the fuck? How does my teacher and coach know each other?

"Meece this is my best friend Luke, Luke this is one of the best swimmers on my team, Mee-"

"Michelle. Yeah we've met before." Mr. Hemmings coughed awkwardly.

"Oh great!" Ashton chirped, totally oblivious to the tension.

"Well since we all know each other, how about Michelle come and join us and get a few drinks? I mean it is a Friday and you're 18 so...?"

I'm pretty sure it was my imagination, but Mr. Hemmings eyes lit up for a second until he looked awkwardly at his feet again.

I thought about it for a minute when I realized I didn't plan anything for today and didn't really want to be a loner on a Friday night.

"Sure. Why the hell not?"

Picture of Colton attached