Chapter 42 - Won't Give Up

Start from the beginning

"Good morning!" She said getting out of bed and walking to the washroom. Once she was out she walked up to him and hugged him from behind as he stood at the entrance of the pool area looking into blank air.

"What are you thinking about?"

He held her hand and turned to her. Looking into her eyes he kissed her forehead. "I am sorry for yesterday!"

She stared at him. "Don't be. "

He traced her locks and tucked them behind her ear. "I shouldn't have behaved.."

"No." She interrupted looking at him intently as though trying to figure him out. 

He stared at her as silence was exchanged.

"You haven't told me anything about the past year in your life." She said quietly.

"There is nothing much to say!" He shrugged. "Anyways let's have breakfast you have to go to Viren uncle's place. I will drop you, if that's okay with you."

"Okay!" She said as they both walked out. Her head once again thoughtful. He had nothing to tell? Nothing. Why was he so unsure while asking to drop her?

Breakfast was silent, and the only talking that happened was Shivaay telling her about whatever conversation he had had with is mother while she was asleep. 

"Give me ten minutes. I will be ready. If you are getting late then..

" No. I can wait!" He interrupted.

She smiled. She liked it when he was so expressive and confident about being with her or waiting for her or any of the sort.

Once she was gone a small smile appeared on his face. The way she smiled with that blush.  His smile faded. Why was he growing insecure about them? 

* * *

"Thank you Shivaay. Have a nice day!"

He smiled. "You too."

They stared at each other. None moving. She wanted him to initiate. Like always. He seemed lost, despite the fact that he was looking into her eyes. 

She turned to the door and something didn't feel right. She turned back and leaned over his seat. Her hands on his shoulder pulling him closer for a hug. It came unexpected to him. But that was just what he needed at the moment. A warm reassuring hug from her. He immediately wrapped his hands around her upper back. She kissed his temple while hugging him. Her hands rubbing his back affectionately, warmly.

"Love you!" He muttered his eyes closed, kissing her hair. 

Her hold got tighter, "love you too."

The most beautiful part was there wasn't an "" in both their phrases, there was just'love' and 'you'.

With that they promised themselves, that they wouldn't let the other loose. She promised herself to make him confident about his love for her. He promised himself to never let her feel left out, alone, to be there for her when she needed him.

Giving up was never an option.

-Anami