Chapter 37

The fighting and screaming went on and on.  I kept on getting worried about the little girl.  She's a witch,  I know that but being only seven years old can't make you that powerful.  Still weak as can be.  Sweating more and more as I worried. 

          Finally all of the fighting and screaming stopped.  The winds picked up.  Lights flickered on and off. This must be summer I thought. Maybe she is more powerful than I had expected. The chair that was once there was pushed against the wall on the other side of the room. 

          Just as the wind and everything was stopping I heard two different type of foot steps coming down the stairs.  I slowly crawled over to the bars and grabbed them with all the strength I could get.  I looked,  squinting my eyes as I tried to make the blurriness clear.  I seen Klaus and summer.  I so desperately wanted to smile.  I just couldn't because I was so weak.  I need some food,  water,  energy. I need everything to get back to being healthy.

         "Klaus." I say so I can hear his voice so that I know I'm not hallucinating.

         "I've got you love. " he said as he tore the bars from the wall with the help of summer.  I want to thank her so much for coming to my rescue.  I look at her and she smiles at me. 

         "Thank you. " I tell her and she flicks her wrist making me feel better.  Not all the way,  just enough so I can see clearly.

        "It was the right thing to do. " she says to me.  I wonder at this moment where her parents are.  I'm trying to figure out if she is safe or not.  I can't just leave her here if she is going to be alone.  I feel this motherly instinct to take care of her just as she did me today. 

       Klaus is carrying me bridal style to the car.  I had my hands around his neck.  I was so happy that he had came to my rescue.  I knew he would,  just took him alot longer than I thought it would. I looked at him, you can see the fear and worry all across his face. That's the part of his humanity that he tries to hide.  I believe I'm the only person he can't hide his true self from. 

        "What about the girl?" I ask him as he sits me in the passenger side of the car.  "Is she going to be alone? "

        "Don't worry about her love. " he tells me as he buckles my seatbelt for me. 

        "Please go and check on her. " I beg him with my barely audible voice. 

          He gave me a look that said fine. I wanted to laugh hit couldn't.  I knew he didn't really care about the child but I needed to make sure she was safe.  I couldn't live with myself if I didn't make sure of that.

             Then out of nowhere I heard the back door to car open up and I took a glance back there.  Summer was climbing into the car as Klaus was getting into the drivers side. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.  I was happy that he did the right thing.  That's all I ever want him to do.  But everyone knows Klaus and he hardly ever does the right thing.

         "Thank you. " I tell him before I nod off as he drives us back home.