Chapter 1

It had been a long couple of days getting here to New Orleans and unpacking. I am staying with my older cousin. I needed a new scenery. Instead of that small hell hole in Illinois. I take a look out the window in my new bedroom of this small apartment. The view of the missippi river was an amazing view. It was pretty. The way the sun hit the water just perfectly glaring up into my window. I found a small ounce of peace from it.

     I grabbed my person taking my eyes off of the view. I decided I was going to go out and explore the town a little. I have never even visited this place before. I just abruptly moved here. I wanted to check out all the local fun. My birthday is in two weeks. I will be 21. So I need to figure out what the best place to spend that is. I heard alot about this place and how live everything is. All the mini random festivals. I certainly would enjoy that. I can be somewhat of a partier. But also that causes me to get into alot of things I know that I shouldn't be into. It's like I always attract the bad boys and the drama and things that come along with them. I do enjoy the thrill. Don't get me wrong there.

         I make my way down the street. So much is going on around me. There are people everywhere. Live music is playing on the streets. Little booths set up a long the road to sell little things. Shops you can walk into and get a souviners. A few bars. Which I can not wait to enjoy.

          I am not really paying attention on where exactly I am walking. I am just walking looking around at everything. Taking in all the new things that I have never seen before in my life. I throw a couple of dollars into someone's suitcase or guitar case as I stand there and listen to them play. They were really good. Unlike anything that I can do. I don't have much musical talent. I honestly don't even know if I have a talent.

      After a few moments of enjoying them playing I turn around to continue to walk. When I accidentally bump into someone. I quickly look up.  It was tan girl with brown hair. Beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry." I spat out in a shy girl tone. It's my first day here and I'm already showing my clumsiness.

         "It's alright." She says. I begin to try and make my way around her. But we both keep trying to go around each other the same way. She let's out a light laugh as she finds this must be funny.

          "Well since I can't really move. My name is Hayley." She says extending her arm out to give me a quick hand shake.

         "I'm jade." I say in response and take her hand and give it a light shake.

        "Nice to meet you jade." She says before she finally is able to make her way around me.

       I continue my walk for the next few hours. Just noticing everything that I possibly can.  I believe that I am going to like living here alot. It's some what of a party town. As I mention before , I do love a good party. I just honestly hope that I can keep myself out of trouble here. That is kind of one reason I moved here. But from the looks of the street, it may or may not have been a good thing.

      I make my way into a little bar trying to find some direction to my house. I kind of it lost. Forgot my cellphone at home. So I can't even gps my way to the house. Just what I needed on my first day. I alresdy bumped into someone and now I lost my house.

       I see a few people playing pool at a pool table. A couple girls sit around and watch some guys play. I only see two people sitting at the bar enjoying drinks.  I walk up to the bar area. I try to get the bartenders attention. But I am having absolutely no luck with that. I look down the bar towards a man. He glances at me and continues to drink. I sit and wait patiently trying to see if the bartender will notice me. Still I get nothing.

      "You look lost." The man spoke up with a accent. A British one. I found those to be troubling. Not in a bad way. In a good mysterious sexy way.

       "And that I am." I say looking over at him as he takes a shot of some dark liquor.

        "Can I be of any help?" He ask.

        "Do you know where 457 Saint Louis St may be ?" I ask trying to sound as if I am old enough to be in the bar. Which I am but not yet old enough to drink here yet.

         "Two blocks up then a left. It should be there." He states not even continuing to look at me.

      I nodd my head. "Thank you."

         I then leave the bar and follow the directions the incredibly handsome man had just given me. He was right. Thank God. That could have went a completely different way. He could have lied and got me lost. But the man does know exactly where I live at now. Which I hope isn't a bad thing. I probably won't even see him again. He probably is just a tourist. I bet many people believe that about me as well. My face is new in town. But I have came here to stay. Permanently.

         I make my way into the house, it is dark now. So I don't want to be out to late when I don't know the area very well. For some odd reason as I sit in my room trying to read a book , the man from the bar just won't leave my head. I believe to myself that it must be his accent.

      But then again , he seems to me like a mystery. I love a mysisterious man.