Chapter 22

I was in complete shock. How could it be about me? I have no words to say. I look at the painting and just take in all the colors and all the paint strokes. I would so much like to touch it, but in a museum your not allowed to do those things. I want to feel it due to the fact he said it's about me.

     "I said it's about you,  because you make me feel that way." Klaus admitted to me. I look up at him in smile, giving his hand a tight little squeeze.

     "You didnt even know me back then, i wasnt even born." I state.

   "Indeed, but i longed for someone like you. I never admitted it. But all i truly wanted was love." He tells me looking down at me while i still admire the painting.

    Later on that evening we are at his house. Upstairs on the balcony watching all the people walk among the streets of new orleans. I decided i needed to ask klaus something. "How come you won't change me right now?" Bravery came over me.

      He sighed, letting his head hang low. I hoped i didnt upset him. Its just something that i kind of need to know.  "I want you to have a human life. I wanted to keep you out of this world. But marcel ruined it the moment he could."

     "Klaus..." i began to say before i was cut off by him.

    "Jade, i saw you way before you even spoke to me at the bar that day." He began. "I watched from a far. Taken by your beauty. I didnt apporach you due to all my iwn problems. I didnt want to make yours. Marcel knew that, so when he had the chance, he decided to hold you captive after i regained full power of the city agaian." He told me.

    I didnt look his way, i let our a sign and gripped my hands tighter on to the railings. I have to say what's on my chest.  Its eating me alive.

      "Im afraid of my feelings for you klaus,  i dont want to get to attached. You dont age, and i grow old and gray just to die while you live on forever." I sighes again before continuing. "Its scarying the hell out of me. All i want is you forever, but your forwver never ends. Mine does." I turn to him and feel my eyes well up with tears.

      He looked at me sympathetically and shocked face at what i had just said. He notices the tears forming jn my eyes. He takes his hand and puts on my cheek. He slowly rubs my cheek with his thumb. I finally let the tear that i sm holding in fall. He wipes it away befoee pulling me into a tight hug.

     "It will be ok. You will have your forever. " klaus says.  Then at that very moment i knew that he was going to give it to me.