Chapter 32

I woke up the next morning refreshed.  Happy for the first time since being here,  even though it has only been a couple of days. I glare out at the sun light hitting inside the room as I adjust myself to sit up in bed.  Of course the first thing that came to mind was Klaus.  I felt lonely and emptiness at that moment.

      All I want is for me to wake up next to the man I love.  It just isn't fair to me.  I began to get upset again. I can't allow this to keep happening to me.  I know that Klaus just means well.  He just wants me and his kids safe. 

       I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen.  I cook me up some breakfast. I feel like my belly has grown over night.  I rub my stomach and smile.  Klaus did give me one amazing thing out of all of this.  The opportunity to be a mother.  I just hope once he is born everything will go to being peaceful. That's a dream I could hope for.

       I once again spend most of my day in the living room with hope.  I watched movie after movies.  Cleaning up toys after toys.  Ate constantly.  Maybe that's why I am getting bigger and bigger every day.  I only wish that Klaus could see this.  Could be here for the rest of my pregnancy. I was happy that his sister was here to witness a of it. 

         It was now night time and I made a cup of hot cocoa. Hope was finally down for the night and Rebekah was sitting here watching a movie with me.  She seemed a little agitated today.  I wonder why.  "What's wrong?" I ask her.

        She looks at me,  you could tell on her face that something was truly bothering her. "Nik." she simply states.  My heart starts to beat faster and faster.  Is something wrong? Has he called her? Why hasn't he called me?

       "He called?" I questioned.

       "Yes. " she simply states and goes back to watching the movie.

       I swallow the lump of nervousness in my throat before I spoke. "What did he say?"

          "He yelled at me as per usual.  But he said he's visiting in two weeks. " she told me.  I got so happy.  I was going to get to spend a small amount of time with him.  I wonder if he is coming to get me to bring me back home? I had so many questions.

        "oh. " was the only thing that I could get out of my mouth.  I just wanted him here now.  Why couldn't he come visit now? I need to see him.  To feel him,  to kiss him,  to love him. 

        These few days have been the hardest days on me.  It's not easy knowing that I am unsure of what is happening to him or when will I see him or when will I even get a simple phone call.  I smile a little but just knowing in just a short couple of weeks I will he to see him. 

       Just like that I went to bed with a smile on my face.