042

Four years later.

Jimin heaved a deep breath, exhausted. He closed the front door behind him and walked into the kitchen without a second thought. Absent mindedly he rummaged about the drawers searching for the necessary equipment to prepare a meal. He hummed a tune which, as far as he knew, wasn't a tune from a song. No one was home at this moment and an unusual quietness hung about when he always came home at this time. He was used to his household being lively and messy, but that didn't mean that didn't enjoy this time alone to just think about nothing and everything at the same time. He waited patiently for the vegetables to cook and the rice cooker to 'ping' when it's job was also done. A few seconds passed and he sat down taking his phone out of his back pocket before unlocking it to see whether he had any messages. As usual, Yoongi always sent him a short text at about this time and that text would inevitably make Jimin smile. Always.

Yoongi: u home yet? Dont tire yourself out. Love u <3
Jimin: i came home now. Try to come home early. Love u 2 <3

Jimin grinned to himself and got up, deciding that the vegetables had indeed been cooked enough. He got out a lunchbox and set it down on the kitchen counter. Upon hearing the much needed 'ping' Jimin began to pack a meal into a lunchbox beacuse he knew that Yoongi didn't like to take out various dishes and microwave them a multiple times. Jimin put the lunchbox inside the refrigerator and clapped his hands together, satisfied. He opened another drawer and took out a pen and a yellow colored sticky note and wrote
lunch is in the fridge. Eat ALL OF IT. Don't throw ANYTHING OUT. You're already getting scrawny.
-Jimin ❤️

Jimin refilled his water bottle and took his bag before exiting the house and locking the door behind him.

Jimin sat down on the drivers seat and paused.

This was his daily routine now.

Ever since Yoongi had gotten a job as a music producer three years ago, he had been inevitably busy beacuse he had to improve his capabilities and expand his horizons. Jimin of course, had dancing classes. They both had lesser time to see each other, but it only made the time together blissful.

Jimin always had a break from about ten in the morning to eleven. He would come home and prepare lunch for Yoongi, who would have his lunch break at about one thirty in the afternoon. Yoongi always came hime for lunch because Jimin insisted. At first Yoongi had argued saying that the younger would get tired out, but Jimin actually didn't care about that. He wanted to treat Yoongi. So the routine stuck.

Lilly was now six and a half years old, and had already started schooling. Jimin was the one who picked her up from school at twelve thirty every day. Then of course, because Jimin's mother insisted, the little girl had elocution classes and piano classes most of the days. Jimin had told Yoongi that maybe he could teach Lilly to play the piano, but Yoongi had replied that he might not know how to teach kids the correct way and that he wouldn't have enough time.

So Jimin and Lilly went to those aforementioned classes each week. And that caused them to come home at about three in the afternoon and by that time, Yoongi would have already gone back to work. There were some rare days that counted as exceptions to these rules though.

Jimin parked his car at the parking lot of the company he works for and got out. After locking the car, he walked leisurely inside.

"Hey Jimin!"

Jimin's eyes widened at the deep voice. "Tae?"

"Chimmie!"

"Tae!"

Okay, so maybe they were acting like they'd seen each other after years when the truth was that they met yesterday. But ever since Taehyung had moved out, they had been like this. Now married to Jungkook, Taehyung also had an adopted little kid, Jennie.