His Name

Jimi's P.O.V.

It's been over an hour, I've been sitting in this waiting room for someone to come out. Kim And Phillip came here a few minutes after I did. We just sat there and waited.

Not long after the doctor came out.
"Karen Westbrook's family?"
I stand up and walk over.
"That's me. Is she okay? The baby?"
"She and the baby are perfectly healthy. Would you like to see them?"
"Yeah..."
"Follow me." He leads me down the hall and into her room. I walk in and see Karen sitting up with our baby wrapped in a blanket laying in her arms. I walk over and she smiles at me. I smile and hugs her kissing her head.

"I was so scared... they just took you away and didn't tell me anything..."
"Well, we are okay. More than okay. You wanna hold him?"
"Him..?" She Nods And I carefully take him from her arms and into mine.
"Hey little man... I'm you're daddy... what's his name..?"
"I don't know yet... I waited for you."
"I don't know..."
"I was thinking we could name him after you. But not give him you're nickname."
"James?"
"Yeah. In honour of you and your dad..."
"Kare... I would love that..." she smiles and watches us.
"Now James just needs a middle name."
"What about Your dads name?"
"As much as I would love that, I'm gonna side against that."
"Okay..."
"If you want too we can use Emmett too.."
"James Emmett Westbrook..." I walk over to Karen as she watches me. I have tears in my eyes. I sit on the bed next to her and kiss her. She kisses back for a bit and then I pull away.
"Thank you Karen."
"Baby, you don't have to thank me." He nods and holds James.

Karen's P.O.V.

After a while he put James down in his little sleeping area the hospital provides, he sits on my bed and looks at me.
"I've spent all afternoon with James, I didn't check on my wife. How are you baby?"
"I'm happy. And tired. But mainly happy."
"I'm glad." He Leans down and kisses me, I kiss back as he scoots closer and moves more above me to be more comfortable. He put his hand on my side and his thumb hit my incision where they had to do a C-section. I immediately jump and wince some. He pulls back and looks at me. I sit with my eyes closed and my head to the side.
"I'm sorry!"
"It's alright... just the cut from the C-section..."
"I couldn't be here and I wasn't sure what happened, what did they do?"
"I actually don't really know. When I got here everything was all fuzzy and it wasn't long til I fell unconscious. I woke up a few minutes before you came back. They did fill me in on some stuff... you're not gonna like it, But... what I do know. Is that this is our last baby..."
"Yes. You've done more than enough and this is our last miracle."
"Also I cannot get pregnant any more..." he looks at me like it was obviously clear that we weren't gonna have babies no more.
"Jimi, I had a tumour in my Fallopian tube, To remove it they had to do a full hysterectomy"
"What...? Karen..."
"It's okay. It's gone. They are running tests to see if it's cancerous. But I'm fine. It's gone."
"I'm sorry... I had no idea...."
"Me either. And it's okay. I'm just gonna be a few extra weeks of healing."
"Baby I don't care how long it takes for you to heal. As long as you get better."
"Gosh J... I love you."
"I love you so much Karen. I know you may not know, but if it is cancerous...?"
"Then I will be given chemo and radiation so it doesn't come back..."
"Is that the stuff that makes people with cancer really sick?"
"Yeah J..." I had a crack in my voice, he heard it and he knows it's scary and I'm scared too.

I look at him and he moves next to me in the hospital bed and holds me carefully, he has his head next to mine. I turn my head to him and put our foreheads together and just holds him the best I can with the position we're in and what I can do.
"Can you promise me something J?"
"Promise what babe?"
"If it is.... And I have to go through all the medical treatments... and if I don't ma-"
"Karen don't finish that sentence."
"You need to hear it... if I don't make it. Promise me that you won't give up. Promise me you'll find someone who makes you happy. And if you find someone while I'm in treatments... Just tell me..."
"Karen... I'm not gonna promise you anything cause you're not going anywhere and I'm not interested in any other woman."
"Jimi..."
"No Karen. I'm not doin it." I feel his grip tighten on me and I watch him start to cry.
"Okay... shhh.... it's okay Jimi..." We hold each other for what feels like forever.

I must have fallen asleep cause I woke up to James crying and Jimi was already starting to get out of the bed to get him. I watch him get James. I look at Jimi to see how he's doin and he seems happy.
"Jimi..." he looks at me.
"I know what you're gonna say. And I've done lots of thinking, And I'm fine. Let's do as we normally do until we know more about it. And then we'll take it one day at a time. Cause right now you're perfectly healthy cause they took it out. So let's be happy with our new baby."
"Okay... I was gonna say something that you just covered but also was gonna add that he may be hungry..."
"Oh, right. I'll get the nurse."
"Thank you babe." I push the button on my bed to sit up. I wince as I move, then Jimi sets the baby in my arms.
"When was the last time you had a pain med?"
"When I woke up."
"That was nearly 6 hours ago."
I nod and hold James.
"I'll go get the nurse and ask to see if they can do something."
"I'm fine babe."
"You're Karen Westbrook. Every time you say fine, you're not fine."
"You know me too well..."
"It's what I do best." I laugh and roll my eyes. He goes to get a nurse and before he leaves he looks at me.
"What J?"
"I totally forgot about Kim And Phillip being here."
"Oh... go get them" he nods and moves quickly out the door. I look down at James.
"You're Daddy is silly, he can barely keep track where he's at. That's why when we go somewhere in the car out of Nashville. I drive. Cause daddy would get us lost. When he does drive, I navigate. Cause I'm not gonna get us lost. And I'll never leave you to be lost. Cause I'll never leave you. Ever. I'll always be with you and your daddy, and your siblings. I'll forever be in your hearts like you are all mine."

I wipe a tear and hold him for a bit until Jimi comes in followed by Kim And Phillip and a nurse. The nurse looks around.
"You don't mind breast feeding with a show?"
"Not when they're family." She nods and comes over and helps me breast feed James as Jimi introduces him to Kim And Phillip. Once I'm all settled the nurse leaves and said she'd be back to give me pain meds when I'm done.
We all talk for a bit while James eats. When he's done Phillip gets the nurse for me and she comes in and takes the baby.
"Here daddy. You can burp him while I give mommy her pain meds." Jimi Nods And the nurse gets a huge needle.

"It doesn't come in pill form!?"
"You just had a baby, this shouldn't be anything."
"I was unconscious: I also had 2 other babies. Pain meds where still in pill form."
"It's alright just look at your husband and baby while I help you roll on your side."
She does that and I look around.
"You're putting it in my back?"
"Yes. It works quicker when you put it at the spot of pain."
"I change my mind, I can handle the pain, thanks though." The nurse gives me the needle and I hold on the bed.
"You bitch!" The nurse laughs and leaves.
Jimi, Kim And Phillip all laugh at me as I give them a glare. They stop and look the baby.

After an hour, I'm laying in the bed wrapped in a blankets cause I'm cold, Jimi is at my feet. Kim And Phillip are in the chairs in my room and Kim is holding James. I look around at Kim, Phillip and Jimi. Kim passes James to Phillip and looks at me.
"You happy Karen?"
"Loving family and friends, three babies and I got my loving husband here who is also the man right here who's gonna rub my feet." Kim smiles and Jimi look up and says
"Is he?"
"He is cause I carried three of your babies around for 9 months each. Just finishing the last one. So rub."
"Yes Ma'am." He Does it And I lay there until I fall asleep a few minutes later.

When I wake up Kim and Phillip are gone, Jimi is sitting on a chair asleep and James is asleep as well.