Turning Two

~Time Jump~

Karen's P.O.V.

Elijah is turning two in a few days and I can't believe it. He's been growing like a weed. Jimi and I haven't been as close as we were since he was born but we are still happy. The new album has all of us stressed and it's affecting our relationship and everyone around us can see it.

I woke up at 5 in the morning. I look at Jimi for a bit as he sleeps. I decided to get up and walk downstairs but that didn't turn out great. I got up and immediately needed to get sick. I ran to the bathroom and got sick. I must have woken Jimi when I was rushing out of the bed cause I felt him rubbing my back and trying to calm me while holding my hair. I get sick multiple times and Jimi is really worried. It finally stops enough for me to breathe. I lean back into Jimi closing my eyes.

"Baby Just breathe... it's gonna be okay."
"That... ain't... normal..." I am out of breathe and forming words took most of my energy.
"Shh... just rest and nod to my questions. Do you want to go to the hospital and get checked out?" I shake my head no.
"Do you want me to take you back to bed?" I nod my head yes, and he gently picks me up and takes me to the bed slowly so I don't get sick again. He lays me down and covers me over kissing my head.
"I'm gonna get you some water and a piece of toast. You need to eat and you need to stay hydrated. I'll get little man and watch him for the day while you rest."
"I'll... get up soon... I just... need a moment."
"No you're staying right where you are. I haven't seen you get that sick ever. Even your morning sickness with Elijah wasn't that bad. And that was bad. You just stay and rest. Let me And little man take care of you."
"I'm sorry... I love you."
"Don't apologize for being sick babe. I love you too and I'll be right back with that water and toast." He Kisses my head again and goes downstairs.

I lay and rest but my mind wonders back to what Jimi said. Even Elijah's morning sickness wasn't bad. Could this be morning sickness..? No. The doctor said no more kids. It's impossible. It's just a stomach bug.

I end up falling asleep, the next thing I remember is waking up and seeing a glass of water and some toast on my night stand. It's now 9 in the morning. I sit up slowly feeling kinda better. I reach for my glass of water and took a sip. I set it back down and slowly ate my toast. My stomach was in knots for a few minutes after I ate, but it went away. I got up and took a shower.

Once out of the shower I put on sweat pants and Jimi's shirt. I took my glass and plate downstairs to the kitchen. Jimi and Elijah were playing on the living room floor. Jimi looked up as I was coming down.
"I could have brought them down babe."
"It's okay. I'm feeling better now."
"Really..? You were barely breathing from getting sick so much earlier... and now you're all better? I don't believe it."
"Don't believe if ya don't want too." I rinse the dirty dishes off in the sink then put them in the dishwasher. I walk back to the living room and sit across from Jimi with Elijah between us.

Elijah smiles turning to me and gets up walking to me and falling on my lap. I Smile and pick him up turning him so he's turned to Jimi sitting in my lap. I lean down and kiss his head. Jimi Watches us smiling and Elijah is pretty contempt sitting on me playing with a Batman toy.

Jimi Smiles And gets up walking to the kitchen. I look down at Elijah.
"It's gonna be a long day little man."
"Why do you say that?" Jimi comes back in with a bottle of water.
"It's gonna be a long day cause I'm lazy. I wanna have a lazy day today."
"We need to get ready for Elijah's birthday in a few days. We need to clean and stuff. And you are never lazy and want to take a lazy day... It's like your pregnant again. That was the only time you were lazy."
"Jimi..."
"I know you can't and I'm sorry for thinking it.... but you are acting like it and it's weird." He comes over and sits beside me on the floor. "I'm just worried about you. Your acting different..."
"I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me... but We both know that a sibling for him is not an option... but I do know I gained weight and I'm kinda ticked off about that."
"I know baby. And you didn't gain that much if you did. I didn't notice and no one else probably did. You're beautiful anyway you are and I'd still love you no matter what." I look at him in aw.
"Why are you so perfect..?"
"Cause you make me who I am. I'd still be that 5 year old man-kid if it weren't for you."
"You ARE still that 5 year old man-kid. You still do cheesy things, you act like your 5, your mind is like a teenager, you eat like a teenager which you should start working out babe, and you still do teenager things when we're alone."
"Okay... 1. You like the cheesy things I do. 2. My mind wonders to things I'd like to do and take off you. 3. I eat a lot cause I'm still growing. And 4. It's those things that we do alone that you love the most." I hit his arm playfully smiling.
"Jimi... you're still my 5 year old man-kid though. And I wouldn't trade or give anything to change it. Or what we've become together." I kiss him and he kisses back making a little kiss into a full on make out. My hand goes to his cheek and I feel his hand on my side.