Will You?

Karen's P.O.V.

A Few Years Later...

Jimi was up earlier then normal this morning. I went to reach for him but he was not there. I said screw getting up to see where he went. I just laid back down and went back to sleep. It felt like I was asleep for five minutes before Jimi came in and laid on me. "Get. Off"
"Time to wake up"
"I'll wake up at my own time. Sleep time is now."
"Gotta wake up. Steve and Kim are getting married today"
"They are getting married. I'm not. The bed is my marriage."
"Did you just dis me for a bed?"
"Yup, looks like it" Jimi moved and sat up trapping my legs under him.
"If you wanna keep singing, I suggest you don't do it, I will rip your vocal cords out."
"Okay one. You don't even know what I was gonna do. Two. I like you under me. And three. Kim already called and said she needed your help. Some kind of fashion problem...?"
"What?! She's wearing a wedding dress. How in the hell could she need my help?"
"I don't know. But she sounded like she was on the verge of tears" I sit up as much as I can.
"May I get up, so I can go help her?"
"After"
"Jimi."
"She doesn't need to know when you got up. Just that you're asleep and waking up."
"Jimi..." He started rubbing my sides just above my hip.
"I'm not doin nothing wrong. I'm making sure my girlfriend is relaxed and happy." I lay back down and just watch him. He slowly lifted my shirt up enough to rub my stomach and slip his hands under my shirt. He leaned down and kissed my neck. This was not like Jimi.
"What do you want?" He pulls back like he knows that didn't work. But he kept rubbing my sides which felt nice.
"I have two tickets. For a cruise. I want you and I to go."
"When?"
"The boat leaves tomorrow morning."
"Jimi?! It's Kim's wedding day today. Her honeymoon is tonight. Plus it's too short noticed."
"Babe... We can do it. I'll pack our stuff while you're at Kim's getting ready."
"I can already guess the clothing you're gonna be putting in my suitcase. Nothing but bikini's and lingerie."
"Well, the bikini's, yes. The lingerie, yes. And I was gonna pack you some normal clothes. Like shorts and tank tops... And that cute bra I like that clips in the front... With the matching thong" He couldn't say thong without a sheepish smile.
"If you promise that you can pack some normal clothes. And that we will enjoy the stuff on the boat, and not just have sex. I will go."
"But... Fine..." I smile and lean up pecking his lips with a kiss. He smiles and leans down locking his lips with mine. We ended up having sex then we got up, showered, had sex in the shower and managed to get dressed and I left for Kim's as Jimi packed.

I got to Kim's around 10. Her wedding wasn't until 2. We have four hours. I sat Kim down who was panicking and talking about 'what if this was a bad idea' me and the other bridesmaids were calming her while doin her hair. We helped put her dress on and she was right. She did have a fashion issue. He dress ripped a little and I sewed it and fixed it up for her. The other bridesmaids and I did her makeup and did some last minute touch ups. Then the other girls got ready and stayed with Kim. My phone rang and I answered. "Hello?"
"Babe...? Its me. I had a little accident. I need you to come down the hall to the room I'm in"
"Jimi?! What happened?! What's wrong?!"
"Babe. Please come"
"I'm on my way!" I hung up and stood up and ran to the door. Kim watched
"What's wrong?" I was moving too fast to tell her anything. I just ran and yelled back
"Jimi!" I held the bottom of my dress up and ran in heels until I made it to Jimi's room. I opened it and he was standing in his room still in his normal clothes. "What's wrong?!" I walk in shutting the door and coming to him looking him over, he grabbed my hands.
"Nothin. I missed you."
"You're an asshole! I though something bad happened to you! I was so worried! If you wanted to see me all you had to do was call and say come here. I would have."
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare or worry you. I just wanted you"
"Jimi... Now is not the time or the place to want me."
"Its the perfect time. No one is here. We still have an hour before Kim's wedding and it helps me undress. Which means I can put my suit on."
"You're the worst."
"But you love me and want to do it."
"I do love you." I kissed him. He kissed back. We made out for a little and then Jimi took me to the couch and we had sex.

We laid on the couch, him on his back and me on his chest trying to catch our breathes. "That was great"
"You always think its great Jimi."
"That's because it is with you. Always great. If not great then perfect."
"Mhmm. We have to get dressed"
"Right now?"
"Yes. I ran out of Kim's room in a panic. She's probably freaking out cause her maid of honor isn't there. I need to come up with a reason why I ran out to see you."
"I fell?"
"That might work." He smiles and I get up and put my dress back on. Jimi laughed as I did. "What?"
"You're wearing a yellow dress... Its... So... Bright. And cheery. Something you never wear... Nor are you ever cheery."
"You're only noticing now? And I am a nice person. I just don't wear these bright clothes... Ever."
"Go back to Kim babe. I'll see you."
"See you later. I ain't walking with you. It sucks."
"I know. But I will be sitting front row staring only at you."
"Its a good thing you're cute." He smiles and gives me a kiss. I kiss him back and go to Kim's room.
"What happened?!"
"I'm sorry, Jimi fell, he's okay now."
"Thank the heavens he's okay"
"Yeah. Let's get you calm and collective before you walk down an isle." She smiles and goes to sit down.

The wedding went without a problem. Everything was perfect. It was now time for everyone to leave the dance and go home. Jimi came to me and we hugged Kim and Steve good bye as they went on their honeymoon. Jimi turned to me. "They are happy."
"Yeah. It's great that she found Steve."
"Yeah. You ready to go home? Our plane leaves at five and out boat leaves at 7."
"Yeah, I'm ready to call it a night."
"You mean morning."
"Shh. I'm tired. I'm drunk. And I don't need you being the smart one tonight. It hurts both yours and my head." He nods kinda and walks me to the car. We had a designated driver cause we both drank. Me, more then Jimi. We arrived home and Jimi and I stumbled into the house and went upstairs. We went straight to bed and fell asleep holding each other.

*BEEP...BEEP...BEEP*
"JIMI! Turn. It. Off."
"Okay. But we gotta get up."
"No."
"Yes. We have a plane to catch."
"I'm still drunk. I didn't have enough sleep to get to the hangover yet... I need sleep."
"Sleep on the plane. And I told you not to drink that much."
"I didn't. I had... What did I have?"
"A lot. Now get up" I sigh and get up making the bed and goin to shower and get dressed. As I put makeup on and do my hair Jimi showers.

We leave and get to the airport. We get through security and Jimi making stupid jokes. We get on the plane. We get off and take a taxi to the cruise ship. We get on and go to our room. We decided to go on a walk around the boat to see what was on it. It had multiple bars, a couple pools and hot tubs, some space on the deck for tanning and restaurants to eat. Jimi let my hand go and ran ahead. "Jimi...?" I just walked curious of why he ran. I followed where he went and when I turned the corner I couldn't believe it. There was candles, and a table with food on it, a band in the background playing slow country music and Jimi standing there with a smile. I was shocked. I walked over "Did you plan all this..?"
"Yup"
"I can't believe it..."
"Well... Believe it. I love you and I don't mind. I want to make you happy."
"You do make me happy. Whether you do stuff like this or not."
"Come eat some dinner babe. Then later we can watch the stars on the top deck."
"Okay." I sat down and so did Jimi. We ate dinner and a little while later we finished. He guided me up to the top deck where there was some kind of double chair for two people and blankets with wine on the table beside the. Chair. We walk over and I sit down first. He walks in front of me and stands there.
"Jimi..? What's goin on...? You've been acting weird all night. Romantic dinner? Star watching? There is something you're not telling me."
"You're right. I ain't telling you something. What I wasn't telling you... Is that  you are the most beautiful, loving, caring, generous woman in the world. And I love you so much. There isn't a moment I don't see us together in my future. I want to be with you all the time. When you're not around I go crazy, I miss you and I get worried that something happened. If it did i would never forgive myself for not being there to try and stop it. I would take a bullet for you any day.  I missed you SO much last week when I said I went to Alabama, but I didn't go there. I went to see your parents. I needed them to know me for who I am, and show and tell them that I wouldn't hurt you. And to get their permission for me to do this...." He gets down on one knee. "Karen Renee Fairchild, would you make me the happiest man alive by becoming my wife...? Will you Marry me?" I was shocked. I sat there glossy eyed trying not to cry. But that didn't work. I couldn't form words so I nodded. "Is that a yes..?"
"Yes! Yes, it is yes!" The tears fell from happiness. He slide the ring on my finger and moved closer putting both his hands on my cheeks and kissing me. I kissed back and we kissed for a while. We eventually stopped and he sat beside me pulling me next to him. I cuddled against him and he pulled the blankets up. I was the happiest I've been ever right now. Cause I finally get to marry someone I truly love, and who truly loves me.