She's Gone

Karen's P.O.V.

A few months later...

Jimi moved in right after he proposed. I still can't believe I get to call him mine forever after we get married. But I need to get the damn layout done.

"Babe?"
"Yeah?"
"Roses or carnations?"
"I like both. Why?" Jimi said with a curious face.
"Cause the wedding is soon and we have nothing done."
"The wedding is almost a year away baby"
"Exactly. But we have tours for the next three months. Then we have studio time. Then we have another tour. Tell me when you plan on getting the things done for the wedding? During a recording session or on stage?" Jimi gets off the couch and walks over to the kitchen table and wraps his arms around me as I lean over the kitchen island.
"You need to relax"
"How can I relax when I have so much to do and no time to do it."
"Breathe. I can relax you." He starts rubbing my shoulders "I'm sorry... But I don't even think you can relax me..."
"Never know until we try." I nod cause he had a point. I was up for three nights in a row trying to figure out arrangements, cakes, decorations, colors. I still have to go dress shopping. Jimi continued rubbing my shoulders. It helped slightly, but not fully. I turn my head and give him a small smile.
"Thanks for trying"
"It's okay. I'm always here. I love you."
"I love you too" I turned back around and started writing some things on my notepad. I wrote down different food suggestions and decided to stop for now. I got up and walked behind Jimi who was on the couch again. I started rubbing his shoulders and he put a hand on top of mine and leaned back smiling. I smiled back slightly and kissed his head. Jimi looked at me and then looked at the clock.
"Don't you have to go to Rebecca's? You said they had a bridesmaid dress for you to try on..?" I look at the time.
"Oh shit!" I ran to the door and put my shoes on and grabbed my purse. I ran back in the house and kissed Jimi quickly and ran out the door. I jumped in the car and drove to Rebecca's. I arrived and quickly got out of the car and knocked on Becca's door. She opened it and smiled.
"Hey Karen."
"Hi. I'm so sorry I'm late."
"Its okay. It's not the end of the world." She smiled and I came inside and Kim and a few other girls were there. They were already in their dresses and were waiting.
"Sorry I'm late guys.." They said it was okay and handed me my dress. I go to the bathroom and I slip it on and it was tighter then I remember. It would barely fit over my hips, it was tight around my stomach and the dress showed more cleavage from my breast area. This was not like this when I bought it and I still didn't even zipper it yet. I couldn't reach the zipper so I come out and ask Kim "Could you zipper this please?"
"Sure" She came over and tried to zipper it, but it wouldn't budge. I tried everything, sucking in, pushing the dress together on the back, nothing would work. I face Kim and the other girls. They look me up and down.
"What..?" I said kinda scared.
"Nothing. That dress fit perfectly on you when we bought it a month ago."
"Yeah, I know. And now it doesn't. Cause I could barely fit it over my hips, its really tight against my stomach and my boobs just manage to fit in the dress with extra cleavage showing. Either the store lady gave you the wrong size, or I just became a fat pig."
"You are not a fat pig."
"Let's find out. Is the size of this dress the same as the one I tried it on in the shop? Kim look." Kim came over and looked at the tag.
"Its the same size"
"See! I'm fat!"
"No you're not Karen. You've just experienced some changes to your body."
"What in the world could change my body size in a month?!"
"Pregnancy." Kim popped her head out from behind me. "But I'm not... That can't be the only thing to change someone's body..." Becca nodded in agreement and I froze. I don't remember my last period. I feel somewhat nauseous in the mornings but never really got sick. Am I pregnant? Oh lord. What would Jimi think?! We're not married. Will he want a baby?! What if he doesn't until after we are married. What if he doesn't want one at all?! I have to make sure I am. But I started to feel sick thinking about it. I ran to the bathroom and got sick. Kim and Becca followed me and Kim held my hair. I got sick for a couple minutes and leaned back. Kim rubbed my back.
"Are you pregnant Karen?"
"I... I don't know..." She rubbed my back and I just sat there. Becca got something out of her cabinet. "Here, find out." They were pregnancy tests. Three of them. I looked at her and shook my head no. "Karen you need to know."
"I.." I couldn't say yes. But I didn't want to say no. I wanted to know. She pushed them in my face and I took them. They left the bathroom and closed the door. I took off the dress and put on my clothes and then took the tests. I sat in there for the full five minutes. I read the instructions, one blue line, not pregnant. Two pink lines, pregnant. Got it. I picked up the first test and read it. I set it down and looked at the other tests. They all had the same results. I felt like I was in a dream. I couldn't speak, I could only move. I opened the bathroom door and Kim, Becca and some other girls looked at me. I just walked by them with my purse and left the house, I went in my car and drove. I didn't go home. I went down a back road, I turned off onto another back road. Then another. Then another.

Kimberly's P.O.V.

Karen opened the bathroom door. We stood there waiting for her to tell us. She didn't. We tried asking her what it said or what was wrong, but she just kept walking. She went outside and got in her car and drove off. I walked into the bathroom and looked at all the tests and read the box. I turned to Rebecca.
"She's pregnant..."
"Seriously?! That's amazing!"
"Why wasn't she Happy?"
"I don't know"
"Karen loves kids. She should be thrilled."
"Yeah, but the question is why wasn't she?"
"I don't know." I went to my phone and dialed Karen's number. No answer. I tried again and still no answer. Rebecca tried calling her too but still no answer. Rebecca looked at me
"What do we do?"
"I don't know should we call Jimi and see if she went there?"
"If she's not then Jimi will worry cause she ain't here nor is she there."
"I'd rather have him worried then her missing."
"Good point. Call him." I nod and dialed Jimi's number. He answered after two rings.
"Hello?"
"Hey it's Kim, Karen didn't happen to go home did she?"
"No. She's not here. Is she not there?!"
"Well... She was... And now she's not..."
"What happened?! Where did she go?!"
"Well if I knew where she went would I have called you asking if you if she was home?! No. And nothin   happened."
"Kim something happened or Karen wouldn't be missing!"
"I... She..."
"Spit it out Kim!"
"Her bridesmaid dress wouldn't fit and we told her it might be pregnancy. She took pregnancy tests and they all came back positive. She drove off before we seen the results."
"Karen's pregnant..? I'm gonna be a dad..? I'm gonna be a dad!" Excitement was heard in Jimi's voice.
"Well you ain't gonna be if we don't find Karen."
"Right. Okay. I'll look for her."
"We will too. We have to change and we will go searching." Just as I finish my sentence it started raining hard. A few seconds later claps of thunder were heard and lightning lit the whole sky. "Jimi we need to find her."
"We will! I ain't stopping until I do."
"We will look around and I'll let you know if we find her."
"Same here Kim. Be careful!"
"You too Jimi." We hung up and me and the girls immediately got changed into our normal clothes and went to our vehicles and started searching for Karen.

Jimi's P.O.V.

I hung up the phone with Kim and grabbed my truck keys and ran for the truck. I started driving towards Rebecca's so I could follow some roads to see if I could find her. I know when Karen doesn't wanna be found, she won't be until she's ready. But I'm hoping that she wants to be found just a little and that I'll find her. God please let me find her. I can't live without her. I need her.

Everyone searched for about two hours and decided to go back to Rebecca's house. Jimi followed to get a small snake and drink Becca had offered cause no one ate since dinner.

"She has to be somewhere, what if something happened?" I said sadly.
"She is fine. Its just raining really hard and its hard to see. Maybe she pulled over or went to a motel cause the weather was bad." Kim chirped.
"She should have came home. She's pregnant and alone. She hasn't ate all day. She's probably scared cause of the storm if she's driving." Becca walked in with snacks
"She's gonna be okay Jimi. We will find her or She'll come back. She may need time."
"Time for what?"
"I don't know." Rebecca said sadly. Kim spoke up,
"She may need to calm her mind. She's probably thinking of a hundred things. I know for one her being pregnant before marriage is big. She's Christian. And her family is big on their religion like all of us. Its just something that worries her."
"Yeah... But she should have come to me. I would have talked with her and helped her"
"I know. But we don't know for sure what was goin on in her head. She could be in a daze and just walked off without knowing what she was doin. She could be anywhere. She may even be home."
"Yeah. I'm gonna take another look around and go home. If she arrive there I'll be waiting."
"Okay. See you Jimi."
"Later." I said in a low tone.

I left Rebecca's and went down a couples roads. She wasn't anywhere. I drove home and went inside. Her car ain't home. She's not here. I sat on the couch to think. She's gone. She left. I don't know what to do. I want her home. But... She's gone.