Chapter 19: Pierre García

Start from the beginning

"Wassup, mama?" Kain gave Aubrey a hug.

"You haven't been here in forever, Kain." Aubrey pursed her lips.

"Hey, Mrs Matthews." Mahogany put on a smile.

"Mahogany, it's nice to see you again." Aubrey pulled Maggie in for a warm and tight hug.

"I wanted to see you today. I was hoping that we could have brunch..Well, it's past brunch but it's never too late, right?" Aubrey rambled on.

"That's okay." Mahogany smiled.

"We could also talking about girly things that you won't understand, Kain." Aubrey said eyeing her son who was glued on to his phone.

"I'll be somewhere else in the house chilling. Where Kennedy at?" Kain asked.

"She should be home. You go head' and go somewhere else. Mahogany, could you help me in the kitchen?" Aubrey questioned.

"Sure." Maggie smiled.

"So, how was school today?" She asked.

"It was same old, same old. I wasn't having it today. I was just so tired." Maggie sighed.

"It gets like that sometimes." Aubrey smiled.

"How was your day today?" Mahogany said receiving the plates from Aubrey.

"Tiring. I had to drop off my mother at the hospital because she had an appointment. My husband hasn't been home to help me with all the cleaning and we've got a big ass house." She chuckled, "I survived, though.".

"If you ever need help with anything, I'll be more than happy to help.".

"Thank you, Maggie." She smiled.

Kennedy walked into the big kitchen and gave them a smile, "Hey, y'all." She rubbed her hands together.

"It's so nice and warm in the house. It's good to see you again." She gave Maggie a hug.

"It's good to see you too." Mahogany grinned.

The three of them set the table and they soon sat down. They said grace and then started eating. They began talking with each other about random things and you can tell that Mahogany enjoyed the conversation.

"So, how did you meet Kain?" Aubrey questioned as she placed her knife and fork down.

"Well, we met at a party that my best friend had hosted. I'm not sure if you're aware of him but his name is Monty." Mahogany explained.

"Montana? Callum's cousin?" Kennedy widened her eye a little.

"Yeah." Mahogany nodded her head, "Do you know him?".

"Girl, he is fineee!" She sang.

"Uh, Ken?" Aubrey rolled her eyes.

"He was at the party and he just kept on bugging me. We ended up running into each other again at the basketball court near my house. At first, I didn't want anything to do with him but as I got to know him, he was actually pretty alright." She shrugged.

"That's good to hear. You know, I just hope that nothing bad has happened so far. I mean, although you're young and he's too old for you, y'all are just great for each other in my eyes. I mean, the way he talks about you shows how much he cares about you.".

"I care about him too. We went through our ups and downs but I'm pretty sure that we won't go through that again." Mahogany smiled.

"Yeah, I've never heard Kain talk about a girl like that since he was with Skai.".