Chapter 32

Two Souls

Author's POV

After Yoona's 'break' in the Philippines, she went back to work and she's glad that she won't be rushing any papers or quota. She was so glad that she had a great assistant and a secretary that took care of everything while she's not around. The moment she went back, she visited the medical center to take care of her patients that are confined in there. She was quite guilty though because instead of doing it personally, her assistant doctor substituted her to do it all.

When she's done on her duty, she went to her office to rest. She made herself some coffee and sips it. She was looking at her glass window when she remembered their last conversation back in the resort.

"Fine I'll help you out with hyung"

"Really?"

She said as she breaks free from the embrace.

"Yep. Because you look so pitiful and hopeless"

He said as he smirks making her pout in irritation again.

"Then you won't be having an 'excuse anymore'"

"I won't."

"How sure are you?"

"Because you're not going to succeed anyway. That's why I am so confident to give you some help"

Jerk. Really.

"No thanks"

"No thanks? I thought you are in love with him"

"I don't need help anymore."

"Why?"

"Because I... I can do it myself"

"Because you don't have any feelings for him?"

"Not your business anymore"

"If you don't like him anymore, then maybe you like someone else now"

"No I don't"

She said marching away from him. But he follows.

"Can I be that person so you can really be my excuse?"

He said as he keeps on following her but she stomps her feet walking away from him.

"Tss... That jerk-ass makes me think a lot."

She said as she shakes her head to stop remembering that scene. He just needed her as a purpose. An 'excuse'. She can't be in love with him. She just can't. He may already have confessed to her before but things changed. He can get any woman more beautiful, sexy and attractive even he won't try. So if she does admit it, it's like making a bet to a devil. She'll be hurt for sure.

"I hate him"

"I hope you're referring to Luhan"

Someone suddenly speaks. It's Sehun. What is he doing here now?

"Who invited you in?"

She said as she gave him her most irritated look.

"No one. I just came in to check things up about you. Are okay now?"

He said asking as he sat on her table. He was wearing a weird-looking black and white sweat suit.

"You look funny"

"Funny? This is Gucci! Psh... You don't know fashion my lady"

"I don't care if that's Gucci. You look more like a referee"