Chapter 10

Eunkwang is working on the piano with his wife beside him, listening to his song when Peniel walked in on them.

      Peniel  turned back and went on his way. He will have his talk with his parents some other time.

     "Peuni!" Eunkwang called out. The room turned quiet when his father stopped playing the piano. His mother looking at him expectantly.

     Peniel held on tightly at the letter he is holding. He received it two weeks ago. He has been debating on how to tell his parents about it. But the timing was never right.  There was the Ilhoon incident and Changsub's tattoos. They just moved in to a new house and everyone is busy getting settled.

     "Anything wrong, Peuni?" Minjoo asked concerned.

     "Uh! No, Eomma! It's nothing." Peniel turned his back on them and  is about to go on his way.

     Minjoo looked at Eunkwang helplessly for him to do something.

     "Peuni!" Eunkwang called out again" Come!" His Appa motioned for him to sit down on one of the chairs. "What is it?" he asked.

     "Maybe some other time. It can wait."   Peniel hurriedly headed off to his room.

     "Oppa!" Minjoo clutched her husband's arm. "Maybe he got some girl pregnant."

     "What?" Eunkwang almost choked.

     "You know, I always thought that he would be the first to get married. He is so secretive. He's always out with his friends.."

      "Honey, he is only seventeen."

      "I know, he is only seventeen. Maybe some girl he met while he was in the States? I saw a letter he was holding. Didn't you see it?"

     "Aish!" He saw it too. Eunkwang stood up and walked to Changsub and Peniel's room. Minjoo followed closely behind. He opened the door without even bothering to knock. "Donggeun Peniel!" He addressed his son completely.

      Peniel who is seated on the chair almost fell down. Changsub who happens to be studying for an exam looked up from the book he is reading.

      "Did you get a  girl pregnant?" Eunkwang demanded. Minjoo began to pace around the room. A habit when she is nervous.

      Changsub turned to Peniel in shock. "You got Amber pregnant?" Changsub sat up straight.  "That can't be. You're my baby brother. You can't have a baby."

      "What are you all talking about?" Peniel is bewildered. He turned to Changsub. "I am not a baby, hyung! In fact, i'll be going to University in a few weeks." Peniel just does not understand the reason why Changsub still treats him like a little kid. And what about him having a baby? And with Amber? "I did not get any girl pregnant!" Peniel cleared things out. Where did this came from? Peniel thought.

      Minjoo sighed a breath of relief.  "What is it you wanna talk about earlier?"she asked gently so Peniel would open up to them.

      Peniel stared at both of his parents. He should inform them now that they have given him a chance before they would think and jumped into the wrong conclusion again.

      "I received this letter from a University in the States. They have accepted me to be a student there. When i was there as an exchanged student, i applied for a scholarship in some Universities." he explained.

      Eunkwang shook his head. "No."

      "Appa, it's a scholarship. You won't be spending anything." Peniel reasoned out.