Chapter 20

The only positive thing about prom was that the seniors got half day on Friday in order to allow the girls to get ready and the boys to get ready for a night of waiting on their date’s every command in order to get lucky. I was fine with this though, it allowed me to get to Liam’s sooner, slip on the dress while Harry was at work and go from there. That and I desperately wanted to see Harry all sweaty, his muscles glistening in sweat, while grease stained his cheeks and forehead. I could just see him leaned over the hood of the car finding myself bothered at the image of his tight ass in those damn ripped jeans. The thought of ripping his flannel shirt that he cut the sleeves off himself allowing me to see the rippling muscles underneath bothered me. Not in an angry sense, but in a hot sense.

I walked into the lot waiting for my ride. Harry had work and needed to be there so Nina and her brother offered to pick me up. A clunky looking Corolla rolled up revealing a smiling Nina in the front and an awkwardly handsome man in the driver’s seat. The window rolled down with some effort from the guy as he flashed a smile. It was a nice smile, much like Nina’s. It was familiar and warm. Nina leaned over the console resting in his lap, “Katherine this is Nick my brother, Nick this is Katherine my best friend.”

I honestly could’ve cried at the sentiment. “Hi!” I managed to chirp.

“You’re dating a guy named Harry right?” he asked revealing a similar Scottish accent that was laced with a bit of London grammar.

“Yes.” I giggled eyeing the backseat secretly wanting to hop in and stop looking like a prostitute on the school sidewalk.

“You okay?” Nina grunted the stretch of the seatbelt rubbing her the wrong way.

“I feel like a prostitute right now.” I confessed leaning into the window. “Seriously, I could stand like this and pop my hip out while you handed me cash and that’s it.”

“Well come on in. Can’t have that now can we?” Nick smiled nodding to the back.

Throwing my bag in, I settled into the middle seat, leaning forward slightly. Nick had long hair, like longer than Harry’s. It curled in unruly knots under a snapback. His biceps were covered in a t shirt and his legs popped out in shorts. “So your Nina’s brother.” I pointed out stupidly for conversation.

Nick chuckled but didn’t push the bluntness of my social awkwardness. I could meet people younger than me and they loved me. People older than me by five years found me intelligent and interesting, but anyone in a four year age range made me uncomfortable. Especially attractive ones, and there was no dying he was nice looking, not my type, but nice.

“Yes, I am. I’m Nick Sanchez and I’m twenty two.” His dark eyes flickered to the mirror meeting mine. “And I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten your entire life story from Nina.”

Nina smacked his arm quickly with a snap. “I told you not to say that.” She sassed flipping her mane of curls.

“Well tough shit. That’s not my problem Nina.” Nick countered.

“Um, so the Breakfast Club! You guys excited?” I offered clutching my bag to my chest.

“Kat you okay back there?” Nina turned concerned staring me down with her motherly eyes.