3.

Harry's P.O.V.

Katherine slowly walked toward me like a cautious animal. I outstretched my hand showing her I meant no harm. I'd done enough damage yesterday, the last thing I wanted to do was cause more. I noticed the key she had stuck between her fingers-she was afraid. She slowly sat down in the passanger seat. I sighed grateful I'd gotten this far.

"Why are you doing this?" she spat. Or at least she tried to.

"To apologize. For yesterday." I confessed putting the car in reverse.

We'd turned out of her driveway before she spoke again. "Don't. You probably had a lot going on." she mumbled staring out of her window.

I didn't have a lot going on though. The truth, I was a dark monster who didn't have a heart to let anyone in. I'd gone home last night to be met with a stone faced Liam. I knew what was going to happen. He'd heard what I'd done.

"Harry." he said with a small sigh of disappointment. Always the small sigh. He'd never say, ' You're a disappointment.' but he'd sigh.

"Listen: she tried to get in. I don't want her in." I growled walking up the stairs. He sighed again. That damn sigh.

"Harry, I get it, okay?"

I snapped around to face him. "No, no you don't." He didn't, and he never would.

"Have you ever thought, maybe she would?"

Of course I hadn't. How could she? Katherine was good. Everything about her oozed two parents, middle class, perfect family that spent Sundays on their back porch. Shaking my head I retreated to my room. The anger that had taken to staying inside me swam through me. I laid on my bed, arching my back to pop it.

Staring at my ceiling, I saw Katherine, I had been harsh. After all, she was just doing what her perfect family had raised her to do. Turning my head to the side, I stared at the picture frame of my parents. One of my dad, the other of Mum and Robin. How wrong  everything had gone.

"Mum, I'm sorry." I whimpered ready to give up.

Somewhere in my mind I heard her say it, my mothers soft voice. "I'm not the one to apologize to."  It was my turn to sigh, knowing she's right.

I gripped the steering wheel to keep from crying. Today had been one of the bad days. One of the days that I missed them the most. Despite this, Liam pushed me out the door.

"And, I'm sorry too. You probably weren't having a good day, and I should've just left you alone. That's really out of character for me." I hadn't even realized that Katherine had been talking.

Scoffing, I waved a hand dismissively. "You're real bad at going off on people."

"Yeah well, you were frustrating me." she shyly looked over at me as she said this.

Offering a small smile, I felt proud. I made her frustrated, something that she hadn't felt before. She looked away her bronze curls forming a wall between us. I watched her for a second sensing the she was about to ask a question.

She turned around to face me, "How'd you know where I live?" It was a demand that came up short at being threatening.

"It's a small town." I muttered turning on the radio. This socializing thing was hard. I couldn't handle much of this.

"Oh."  I caught her chewing on her lip. "Well, why'd you apologize?" it was blunt, and a good question.

I pondered this for a second as we pulled into my parking spot. "You didn't deserve it. My mum,"  I trailed off choking up. God what is with me? I thought.