Steve

Clarke Now (16 years):

This continued every day: in the morning and evening

This continued every day: in the morning and evening. The first few time she tried to resist resulted in her being locked in the guest house being starved and beaten. Clarke's coping skill was to mentally shut down, so by the time she was sixteen she was emotionally broken, Rebecca had finally gotten the perfect submissive daughter she wanted. Clarke never spoke out of turn or even objected to anything she wanted. She had never been let out off of the property ever since they first moved there, but this particular morning was different. After their morning encounter, Rebecca told Clarke to go and get dressed because she had an important meeting.

"Yes, mama." Clarke went over to the dresser and pulled out a t-shirt, denim shorts, and a pair of ankle socks. She went into the bathroom that she now shared with Rebecca to wash her face and brush her teeth. She went back into their bedroom to make up their bed.(Two years ago Clarke tried to run away and Rebecca made them sleep in the same bed ever since). When she was finished she quickly had gotten dressed and met Rebecca downstairs.

"Now, we're going to my office. Be on your BEST behavior" she stated to Clarke. She nodded her head reassuring her that she wouldn't disobey her. The teen stepped out of the front door into the bright sun and had to cover her face from its glare. Her skin wasn't used to being in the sun for long amounts of time. They got into the car and drove for about forty-five minutes, they finally reached the office and Rebecca instructed Clarke to sit and wait for her. Clarke sat there as she was told, she sat for a long time. Something was weird, the phone on Rebecca's desk began to ring, in continued to non stop. Clarke finally got up to answer it and before she could even say hello some man began rambling..." Becca, Why the fuck aren't you answering my phone calls? After everything, I've done for you. You say you wanted your husband taken care of I did it when you needed the grandmother's body moved: I did it You wanted custody of the girl I made that happen. I got Steve out of the picture" Clarke's mouth dropped. She hung up the phone when she heard Rebecca come back toward the office. "Rebecca had my father Killed" the words were on repeat in her mind.