The Big Surprise

Clarke was so excited to be going back home after the amazing two weeks spent with her grandmother, while her father was in Las Vegas. They were on their way home and when they pulled up to the house there was two car's parked in the driveway, her fathers and one she didn't recognize. She stepped out of the car into the dirty snow and walked up to the front door. 

She went inside and found her dad sitting there with gifts. She took off her snow boots and threw her coat onto the floor, she was so excited to see him. As they caught up Gran came inside from the harsh cold and undressed as well. Just then a woman with long brown hair came into the living room with two mugs of hot chocolate. Clarke looked at her dad and then grandmother.

"Clarke..." He began. "This is Rebecca. Your new stepmother" 

Clarke looked at the beautiful woman and began processing.

"Steven and I work in the same company and have been seeing each other for months. We went to Vegas on a business trip and ended up at a chapel" she said.

"It's very nice to finally meet you, Clarke. I'm gonna try and be the best mom to you I can" she began.

"You're not my mom" screamed Clarke as she went upstairs to her room.