Green Pastures

Clarke knew she made a mistake asking Rebecca for the puppy, there was always a price to be paid for upsetting Rebecca. Clarke sat at the edge of Rebecca's bed and waited for her to finish her bath. Finally, she walked out of the bathroom and looked Clarke sternly in the eye. 

"Today I need to go to the grocery store to get something for your birthday tomorrow," Rebecca said as she entered her walk-in closet. 

"Can I come with you?" Clarke begged. 

"After what you pulled this morning not a chance" She replied as she buttoned up her shirt. 

Rebecca went on to tell Clarke what she was allowed and not allowed to do when she left the house.

- Not going outside

- Not going on the internet

- No using the phone

Clarke sat and looked out the window as Rebecca finally pulled out of the driveway. She sat there looking for a while waiting or her chance to sneak out of the door in the basement. Clarke knew Rebecca set up the security system to notify her when she tried to leave the house. Clarke ran downstairs and crawled through the hidden crawl space to the small hatched door under the back patio.

Clarke ran around the backyard until she collapsed onto the grass. Her long hair flew in the breeze as she watched the clouds fly over her. 

"Hey! You over there," She heard She sat up looking around "Yeah you girl in the pajamas" Clarke looked over at the neighbor's house and saw a boy about her age calling her over.

She got up from the damp grass and made her way over to the fence. 

"Hey, I've never seen you out here before." He told her

"Yeah, well I don't get out much" she let him know.

"I see you like looking at the clouds. They look better from the roof of a house. They seem a lot closer almost as if you are touching them, By the way, my name is Jaxon. But call me Jax" He went on.

"Well, my name is Clarke." She began but then she heard the car roll into the driveway. She told the Jax that she had to go and darted for the hidden door.  She made it in the house before Rebecca did and was halfway up the steps when Rebecca stopped her. 

"CLARKE!" She yelled "Why did a boy just come up to me and ask if you can come outside again?" she finished

Clarke stood there from the steps and tried denying it but Rebecca noticed the Clarke had pieces of grass in her hair. 

Rebecca ordered Clarke to come in front of her, and Clarke slowly approached. 

Rebecca struck Clarke across the face and fell to the floor. Rebecca knelt to Clarke's level and said "I don't know how you did it but I promise to make sure that you never set foot outside again" she kissed her on the cheek and carried the grocery bags off to the kitchen.

Authors Note: "Sorry for the grammar and missing bits but I am going to be going back and adding bits and details to the other parts. I would like some feedback from some of you readers if you plz."- Thank you 

p.s- I'm going to be creating a new series. Be on the lookout.

Be sure to comment and vote