44 | ɪꜱ ɪᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ!?

Recap ~
Ae Dil hai Mushkil

Chapter 44 ~ Is it some deal again?

Everyone were busy with their professional works as the wedding was to happen in Udaipur, Khushi's native. The youngsters were so excited as it was more like a destination wedding for them.

The engagement was held at the Oberoi group of Hotels in Mumbai. Just two weeks were left for the wedding, and Arnav and Khushi were eagerly waiting for their big day.

The following night, Arnav was dropping Anika back as it was quite late after finishing their wedding preparations.

"Anu! Everything fine right?" Arnav asked.
"Yeah bhai! Everything is absolutely fine." Anika said casually.
"You and Shivaay!? Is everything fine between you guys?! I'm just asking because you weren't fine the other day when we had bachelor's party. "Arnav questioned.

"Bhai! Actually..." Anika was about to tell the whole truth about her marriage deal as she didn't want to hide it anymore when she got a call from Meera, her assistant.
"What! But Meera why didn't you tell this before!" Anika asked her assistant.
After much discussion, Anika concluded,"Fine! Don't take stress. I will manage and it's completely okay! You needn't feel sorry now. But next time I will not forgive you if you don't tell your problems to me." warning her assistant, she hung up the call.

In minutes, they reached the Oberoi mansion.
"Anu you didn't tell me the answer!" Arnav asked again as they entered the mansion.
"Arrey Arnav puttar!" Dadi called out cutting them in between.
"Hi Dadi!" greeted Arnav approaching her. He left after chitchatting with Dadi and the elder Oberois for a while, not getting time to talk with his sister.

Later, Anika waited for Shivaay to reach back home but slipped off into slumber. It was almost around 12.00 AM, midnight when she woke up hearing the door closing softly.

"Billuji it's been so late!" Anika said eyeing Shivaay's inexpressive face.
"Is everything okay?!" Anika asked worried not getting any answer from him. He just simply nodded handing over a file to her.
"Is it some deal again!? I'm not interested in another one though!" Anika said chuckling.

As she opened the file, her eyes brimmed with tears unknowingly. "Divorce" the very painful word escaped her mouth.

 "Divorce" the very painful word escaped her mouth

"Anika! This is what we wanted. And now it's right in front of you. You can just sign it and give it back to me!" Shivaay said his voice expressing pain this time. She looked at him, her eyes asking something that she herself didn't know.

"Divorce will be granted only after one year of married life right?" Anika managed to ask bravely.
"Shivaay Singh Oberoi can do anything! This is for our sake Anika. If we are free from this relationship then we can achieve great heights! Sign it." Shivaay said not looking at her.

She was just about to sign when they heard a knock on their door. Immediately Anika hid the file while Shivaay opened the door. The whole family was waiting outside much to their surprise. As their family entered their room, they all seemed to be very serious.

"Anika, billu I didn't expect this from you guys!" Dadi spoke disappointed.
"Dadi, we are sorry! We didn't want to hide this from you. We just wanted to continue our..." Shivaay said feeling ashamed but was interrupted.
"Shivaay! Why did you do this!?" Pinky asked literally accusing her son.

Anika was about to confess the truth of their marriage deal when Pinky signed her not to speak anything.
"At least to us you could have told bhai! We are your brothers." Rudra asked his brother in a serious tone too.
"Rudra it was all a deal! We wanted to tell you all about this but..." saying Anika couldn't control herself anymore. She bursted out when Pinky assuaged her.

"Arrey why is my Anu crying!? Did you do something to her Billu!? We were just making fun." Pinky said while Anika and Shivaay looked at each other not knowing what was happening around them.

"Happy Birthday Anika puttar!" Dadi said smiling. While Shivaay was literally surprised to hear this, he felt thankful at the same time as no one knew anything about their divorce.
"Billu! So bad of you not to tell about my Anu's birthday!" Pinky complained.
"She's your daughter know mom! You should only know about her birthday." Shivaay taunted his mother.

"You didn't know about bhabhi's birthday bhai!?" OmRu asked shocked.
"Of course he knows OmRu! You know about your bhai na!" saying Anika covered up.
"Bhai wished you first right bhabhi!?" Rudra asked expecting a positive reply from her.
"Of course Rudy! He even gave me an unforgettable gift!" Anika said tears forming her eyes.

"Really! Show us the gift bhabhi!" Rudra asked out in excitement.
"You will get to know about it very soon Rudy!" Anika said. All the while Shivaay was noticing her silently, he couldn't digest the fact that he spoilt her birthday. The elders left while OmRu were still there.

Om noticed Anika's tears.
"Anika bhabhi! Please take back your tears! We can't see it. Is something wrong?" Om asked concerned.
"Om! I'm not able to accept the fact that I will miss this love from you all!" saying Anika wiped her tears shocking the other two.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Prince and Princess