Chapter 19

Chapter 19: In the End

Emma's P.O.V

Two months had passed since Annabelle's death. Things had calmed down in Storybrooke, and to our surprise, we haven't had any new threats.

Killian was taking me on the fourth date we'd had since everything had calmed down. Tonight, he took me out of Storybrooke, where he'd made reservations at a really fancy restaurant about an hour away.

I was wearing a dark blue dress tonight, with my hair in loose curls. The dress was strapless and reached just above my knees. It hugged my curves and it was one of my favourites. I put my matching blue heels on, and opened the bedroom door.

I walked out into the living room of mine and Killian's new house where he was waiting for me. "You look lovely, darling. Shall we?" He offered me his arm, which I accepted with a smile.

"You look pretty hot yourself," I laughed, pulling gently on his black tie. He smiled and kissed my cheek. We got into my car and I drove. Although it was a long drive, we kept busy by talking and laughing about several different things.

Killian had just finished telling me about his brother keeping him as a stowaway on his ship for three years when we arrived. I parked and we went inside. I was nervous, because I had something I needed to tell him, and is decided tonight would be perfect.

We ordered and ate and laughed. After we'd eaten desert, and were about to leave, Killian stopped me. He got something out of his pocket and smiled before kneeling down I front of me.

"Emma Swan," he said nervously, opening the box to reveal a beautiful silver ring with an ocean blue stone, "When we met, I was a filthy pirate. My life was dedicated to revenge. The moment I met you, I knew, I was going to fall for you. I did. A hundred feet in the air, on my way up a beanstalk, I fell in love with you. Though I know I still have work to do to be worthy of you, I couldn't wait any longer. I love you and need to know. Will you marry me?" He asked, looking into my eyes with hope.

Tears were falling from my eyes. I was glad we were the only ones in the restaurant because I was a mess. I put my hand down so he could put the ring on my finger. He smiled. I nodded tearfully "Yes, yes!" I managed and he pulled me into a hug.

We kissed, long and slow and romantic. After a while, I put my head on his shoulder and hugged him again. "While we're at it, Killian, I'm pregnant!" I whispered into his ear. He pulled my shoulders so that I was looking at him.

His face lit up, and his hands flew to my still-flat stomach. "Really?" He asked in awe. I nodded with a huge smile and he pulled me in for another kiss. "I'm going to be a father! We're going to get married and have a child together!" He was tearing up now.

"Yeah," I laughed. We paid and left he restaurant. Once we got home, it was 1:30 in the morning. The two of us quickly got changed and collapsed into bed.

We woke up late the next morning. Around 11:30. Killian's fingers were threaded through my hair and he was trailing kisses down my cheek. I smiled and opened my eyes to look at him.

"Good morning, beautiful," he greeted. "I love you," I said and kissed him. In reply, he kissed my stomach. "I love you too. Both of you," he said. I sighed contently, "we have to be at Granny's in half an hour, I told my parents I needed to talk to them. I wanted to tell you first though. Now I have more reason to," I said, flashing the ring that I hadn't taken off.

He smiled at he and picked me up bridal style, off of our bed. "Killian! I'm pregnant, not crippled!" I giggled. He chuckled and nodded. "Yes, but I'd like to practice carrying my bride-to-be like this," he said. I hit him in the chest and laughed.

Half an hour later, we were sitting at a booth at Granny's waiting for my family. My parents were picking Henry up from Regina's, and though we'd invited her and Robin, she declined, saying that she had work to do.

Finally, they arrived. "Hey mom! Killian!" Henry exclaimed, running to hug us both. "Hello, lad," Killian chuckled. The six of us conversed as we ate, Killian and I waiting to reveal the news to everyone later, when we went for a boat ride on the new boat Killian had insisted on buying a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, Henry was all to perceptive and noticed the ring on my finger. "Mom, are you..." He said quietly so only I heard. My face went red. Killian started chuckling, David joining in.

I looked between them, confused. "What?" I asked. "Love, do you really think I'd have proposed without asking your father's permission first?" Killian pretended to be offended.

"Killian proposed?!?" My mom exclaimed, loud enough for the entire diner to hear. The building went quiet, all eyes on us. "Ugh," I grumbled into Killian's chest, before turning to face everyone. "Yes, he proposed. We're engaged. Go tell your friends," I sighed sarcastically before sitting back down and glaring at my mother. "Sorry," she whispered.

We told my parents that I was pregnant later that day, as planned. My mom burst into tears, telling me I was finally going to get my happy ending and saying she was so proud of me, Henry hugged both Killian and I and started laughing, and David grumbled something about "Magical pirate babies" before laughing and he too, hugged us both.

We waited for people to notice my pregnancy instead of telling everyone. We were able to keep it a secret another three months before Leroy saw Killian put a protective hand on my stomach one day while we were walking down the street.

He ran around town yelling "THE SAVIOUR AND THAT PIRATE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!" Before being chased by Killian, yelling "Come here, dwarf! Tell that to my fist!!!" And from David, who was yelling "GRUMPY!!!" As my mom and I laughed and watched on.

The week after that, we got married. A small ceremony, with a small portion of the town in attendance.

Exactly four months after our wedding, we welcomed a baby girl, who we named Melanie Annabelle Jones. Her middle name after the daughter we knew briefly, but would never forget. (And though we tried not to think about it, who could quite possibly be another dimension's version of Melanie.)

I'd like to say that we live happily ever after, but I can't. Or rather, I don't know yet. Between Melanie, who is now a five-year-old ball of stubbornness, my brother Neal, who is now six, and recently discovered that he can use magic, Rumple and Belles son, Lucas, who's three, and is quite the little rascal, running around their house, occasionally attacking his big brother, and Regina and Robin's daughter, Elissa, who is only one, but has discovered the use of magic too.

Between them, Henry, who is now 18 and often visits from college in Boston, where he studies history and writing and Roland, now 10, who runs around with the kids and is like a big brother to them all, the next threat could always be right around the corner.

Twenty years from now, they could be the ones fighting off fairytale characters. They could be the ones dealing with them, while all of us are sitting at home, sixty years old and listening to them telling us they've got in handled.

At first I was worried about this, but, as my amazing husband once told be in the dark of night beside a campfire, years before I was born, we have to live in the here and now. And right now, it's pretty good.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Done!!!

I'd like to thank you all so much for taking the time to read this book, for commenting and voting, and telling me that you like it, because it really does mean the world that you like my writing! Thank you

Again, I hope you enjoyed this book, and thank you for reading!

~Jillchair8e <3