Chapter 12

Chapter 12: I Finally Get a Break (Emma's P.O.V as usual)

"N-Neal?" I whispered in shock. It was Neal. He was sitting on the hospital bed, looking completely fine, with no sign that he'd died a mere month ago and somehow come back to life. "Emma!" He said in relief.

I then proceeded to start crying and ran up to him, hugging him and yelling at him. I may have thrown in a few punches too. I don't really remember, honestly, because I was too busy crying. Shortly after that, while I was still hugging Neal, Henry came running in the room, Regina behind him.

"Dad? Oh my god, Dad, I though you were dead!" Henry exclaimed running and hugging Neal too. "Henry! You remember!!!" Neal exclaimed, hugging Henry back. "I'm so glad to see you, buddy!" He said. I decided to get up and let the two catch up.

As I walked out of the room smiling, I heard shouting and decided to check it out. I ran in the direction of the noise and saw nurses pushing a bed around and was shocked to see it was my very sick-looking boyfriend.

I dropped to my knees. Right in the middle of the hospital, but can you really blame me? First the father of my child comes back, seemingly from the dead, then my boyfriend, who has been missing for a week shows up. All in one day.

I think I had the right to drop to my knees in pure shock and happiness. After a very brief moment, I got up and ran to catch up to the nurses. Killian was awake and some life came back to his dead-looking face when he saw me.

"Emma... Emma!" He said quietly, his words thick with love. "I'm right here. I'm not leaving, Killian," I said, taking his hand. One of the nurses tried to stop us, but Killian glared at her and she stopped talking.

Stupid freaking pirate. Even after a week of most likely going through hell, he was staring down the nurses to let me hold his hand. After being literally dragged out of the hospital room he was put in, and waiting five minutes, I was let in.

I ran past the nurse, over to Killian. He'd started to look better already and I pretty much jumped on him. I was crying harder than I had in the entire week he'd been gone. Combined. I put my head on his chest and just cried. He moved over in the hospital bed, making room for me and put the thin sheet over us both.

He held me close to himself and we just lay there side by side, enjoying the fact that we were back together. At some point we fell asleep because I woke up to bright light coming through the hospital window and found Killain, sound asleep beside me, his arm wrapped around my waist protectively. I figured out later that we'd slept right through the night.

I sighed happily and just looked at his beautiful, sleeping face. I placed a soft kiss to his lips and he stirred a bit before waking up. "Hey, beautiful," he said, brushing some of my hair out of my face.

I smiled at him and snuggled closer. "I missed you," he said, kissing me on the forehead. "You scared me to death. I thought I lost you, Killian, I love you so much," I replied. "I'm sorry," Killian said sadly. I laughed and kissed his cheek. "It's not your fault,"

This time he laughed. Shortly after, someone came to the door. I looked across the room, to see it was Henry. "Hey, kid," I said. He smiled at me and went over to hug Killain. Killian hugged him back and Henry smiled.

"Have you told him yet, mom?" Henry asked nervously. Killian looked at me curiously. I took a deep breath, "Neal's back... He's alive," I mumbled. Killian looked down. Henry left, trying to give us privacy.

"Killian, this doesn't change anything between us, you know. I love you and that's all that matters. Yes, he's Henry's father but it doesn't matter. He hurt me too much for me to forgive fully," I assured him. I could tell Killian was scared I would go back to Neal.

Killian looked me in the eyes. "That is one of the many, many reasons why I love you," I continued, "I know you'd never leave me," I said softly. I was still snuggled up against his side. He pulled me even closer, stroking my hair. We were kissing when the nurse came in to check Killian out. She cleared her throat to stop us and I laughed.

She told me he had minor wounds and that he was dehydrated. Other than that, he was fine and could go home this afternoon. We decided to go for a walk. Killian wanted to see Neal, so he got dressed in the dark jeans and green T-shirt Henry brought him from home and we went to see Neal.

When we walked in Neal's room hand in hand, Neal took a double take. He looked pretty shocked to see Killian not wearing leather and with two hands. He looked at the two of us smiled. "How long did you say it's been, Henry?" Neal turned to Henry.

"Um, a month. Why?" Henry asked. Neal just chuckled and said, "Well, things certainly progressed didn't they, you two?" He teased. "You're not mad?" Killian asked. "Of course I'm not," Neal replied with a smile. "I'm happy for you two," he took my free hand. "You found Tallahassee," he said, making me smile.

I nodded with a shy smile. "Hey, so my dad was here earlier and he said he gave up his powers to get rid of Pan once and for all. Did he really?" I nodded. "Do you know how this is Ben possible, Bealfire? It was life for life, Emma said," Killian asked.

"We're pretty sure it's because the Dark One curse was broken. Because of the curse... Well, I died, I guess... And now that it's been broken, the life for life swap was lifted, bringing me back," Neal explained. "Well, we're all glad you're back," Killian said.

I nodded. "Look, I've got to go make sure my parents know I'm okay, but I'll see you later, okay?" I said to Neal. He nodded and I left, Killian following behind me. We managed to convince Dr. Whale to let Killian out of the hospital early and we left for my parents' apartment. Halfway there, I realized Killian must have been freezing in just a T-shirt, and used magic to make a black leather jacket appear.

When we walked in, my mom ran to hug Killian. Surprised, he hugged back. "Emma! Killian! We came home and you weren't here! David and I drove to the hospital with the baby and we saw you two looking absolutely adorable sleeping there. You both probably haven't gotten much sleep this past week and we didn't want to wake you," she said.

"So we introduced Neal to baby Neal instead," my mom continued. "Where is David?" I asked. "Oh, he went out looking for Elsa again. Killian started to walk out the door, most likely to help them, but I stopped him. "Um, no. You just spent a week being held prisoner by her. Do you really think I'm letting you go out to fight her?!?" I demanded.

"Swan, I know where she is!" "I don't care. You are going to rest. No searching for Elsa, no fi righting, no nothing. We are watching some movies," I said, pulling him over to the couch. Mary Margaret laughed at us and went into the kitchen.

"Fine," Killian sighed in defeat, "what 'movie' are we watching?" He asked. "Hmm... Peter Pan," I decided, "We're gonna see you," I smiled mischievously. "Uhh...," Killian looked at me uncertainly. I laughed, and went through the movies Henry had stacked beside the tv until I found "Peter Pan" I put it in and as it started, I rested my head on Killian's shoulder, enjoying this good moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so as some of you guessed, the mystery person was Neal. I hope you understood the explanation I gave. I'm sorry if you don't like Neal or whatever, but I do and I miss him. So, I brought him back because I'm not over him dying. Lol, anyway, I hope you enjoyed! Let me know! Vote and comment!

~Jillchair8e