14: Nerves and Weakness

Roman's eyes lit up and he turned over to Cinder.

Roman: How?
Cinder: Experiments. Mercury?
Mercury: Ight.

Mercury stood up and cracked his neck. A strange, gunmetal grey liquid started to cover him. As his height started to grow and his body started to change form, Mercury looked similar to that black liquid monster...

 As his height started to grow and his body started to change form, Mercury looked similar to that black liquid monster

Mercury stood tall. Though I wasn't quite sure on what exactly that was...

Cinder: This is Riot. Like your target, Venom, he is a symbiote.
Roman: Symbiote? How did he meet that thing?!
Riot: We are of a species of Grimm that spawn other Grimm. We improve and increase our hosts capabilities, but at a cost.
Roman: what cost?..
Riot: If we dont achieve Symbiosis, we will eat our hosts and continue to consume everything until we find the ideal host. But when we do find our host, we will still have our weaknesses.
Roman: and what exactly is your weakness? What is... Venom's weakness?
Riot: Symbiotes are vulnerable to Sounds and certain dust. Fire is the most painful of it.
Roman: sounds and fire dust...
Cinder: Riot here also has reason to kill Venom.
Roman: Well he can jump into traffic. Venom is mine.

I turned around and Riot growled and leaped in front of me, turning around as he let out a loud roar in anger.

Riot: Venom is having offspring. I need to be the last of my species. Anymore, and I'll be less powerful.
Roman: ...so if we kill Venom, not only will I get revenge, but you'll get stronger?
Riot: what do you say?

Roman took a moment to consider the offer... But as they say, The enemy of my enemy is my friend...for now.

Back to Beacon...

Yang was helping (YN) and Ruby get ready for their date. After helping Ruby, Yang was helping prep her best friend calm down and ready for his date.

(YN): What if I mess up? What if I ruin it? Wha-
Yang: You know how I feel about "What if" questions (YN). You'll do great! She's been wanting to go out for a while now
(YN):..really? But... Wha-
Yang: None of the what ifs
(YN): right...um.. How can I fix it if I mess up?
Yang: Sigh. (YN), if you somehow mess up, I'll help you bribe Ruby to forgive you.
(YN): What?..
Yang: Yea. We'll use cookies and you can give her kisses
(YN): you really think that would work?
Yang: Yes and No.
(YN): Wha?!
Yang: She isn't going to be so mad that she'll hate yoy dumbo
(YN): But.. Wha-
Yang: No what ifs!
(YN):...but How do I-
Yang: I know you're worried. Getting hurt by someone you love even when you tried your best can feel... It can feel like as if you're being stabbed through the heart. Ya know?

I nodded slowly and sighed.

(YN): I just.. I don't want to mess up
Yang: She's just as nervous as you are, silly. Now, did you brush your teeth?
(YN): Yes
Yang: Deodorant?
(YN): lots...
Yang: and you did your Homework?
(YN): Yes Moommm.

Yang chuckled and playfully hit me in the shoulder.

Yang: Now I... Feel like I need to give to give you the good ol' mom talk

I sighed and leaned against the wall while Yang sat down on the bed and played with her hair as her eyes turned to a dark crimson.

Venom: She seems nice
(YN): Wait for it...
Yang: Nothing is more important than family, (YN). You hurt Ruby, and I could never forget something like that. Now, you're going to walk with Ruby and you treat her like you love her. Protect her. Make her feel safe in your presence. Because I will know if you hurt her. And though I will help you two to the best of my ability, I'll beat the shit out of you. Ill beat your ass so hard, you'll wish that a Beowolf was hitting you. Do you understand?

By now, I was sitting on the floor, staring at my knees... Too think, I knew her for almost my entire life and I never would have guessed how scary she could be. The Yang I knew told jokes and played pranks and would flirt with guys. This Yang would do anything to protect and avenge her family... Who wouldn't?

Yang: Now I just helped you. What do you say?
(YN):...thank you.. Ms. Xiao Long..
Venom: She's playing you out like a fool. I like her
Yang: That's more like it.

Her eyes returned to the playful lilac color they always were and she hugged me tightly, standing me up.

Yang: Now you two have fun, you goof. Now, you go in there and show my sister a good time... Just not too good.

I nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind myself...

(YN): you were quiet...
Venom: We... Gave Yang a gift. One we feel she would need.