He could hear the words echoing in his head as clear as a bell. Not just the words, but Yoongi's voice, specifically the sweet sincerity of his voice as he had spoken those words to Jimin on his birthday. And the memory of them warmed his heart all the same.

That memory kept him company as he waited for the one who had created it to arrive. It seemed like forever. But of course, it wasn't, Jimin was simply anticipating Yoongi to be every person that passed by. That anticipation, that lingering worry and disappointment, in himself particularly, for ever having gotten himself into this situation to begin with. He was a grown man, he told himself. He should be able to get back on his own without someone else's help.

At least it wasn't so bad. As least it was Yoongi. Yoongi, who had said on his own free will that should Jimin need him, he would be more than happy to assist. He didn't have to feel guilty about burdening him.

Jimin almost drifted off to sleep again when all of a sudden he heard his name being called. Yoongi had spotted him. And the older boy was walking rather quickly in his direction, the concern on his face molding into genuine relief before Jimin's eyes. Seconds later, the latter had been captured in an embrace that somehow felt warmer than any of the hugs he, himself, had initiated. He felt Yoongi press a hand against the back of his head, one arm wrapping around his torso tightly but not to an uncomfortable degree - no, this was far from uncomfortable. It was a little too comfortable, perhaps, that Jimin felt he could stay right where he was for hours without moving an inch. But he didn't have hours. And he had to move.

"C'mon, there's a train passing by in like five minutes that can take us back, but it's not this one, so we have to go. Like, now."

Yoongi didn't hesitate to drop his hand down to grab Jimin's, gripping it firmly as he took off in the direction of whatever train they were supposed to catch. It didn't take long to get there. Happened in the blink of an eye - or better yet, in the beat of a heart. Jimin's rapidly beating heart. Yoongi's hand was so warm. And it didn't let go, even as the train pulled into the station and welcomed the two of them through its briefly opened doors. Yoongi pulled Jimin over to the nearest empty pair of seats.

The doors closed. The train pulled slowly away.

Jimin couldn't bring himself to speak up. Yoongi was still gripping his hand, staring straight ahead as he kept his own mouth sealed shut. His expression was inscrutable.

Neither ended up saying anything even as they were well into the ride home. Jimin's tiredness still clung to him, and it, along with the heavy, rhythmic beating of his heart, dragged him down into the pool of sleep. Which just so happened to be Yoongi's shoulder. And Yoongi, not wanting the boy's head to fall off his shoulder along the bumps and turns of the tracks, wrapped an arm around Jimin and held onto him, hand holding on to the upper part of his arm.

As the train rumbled along the tracks Jimin slept quite peacefully by Yoongi's side. For that, the latter was grateful. Even at first glance Jimin had looked so tired to him. Like he needed to sleep. Like he could use a few minutes of rest. And besides, it was comfortable. Jimin's soft orange hair brushed against his cheek several times. Yoongi gave in to his temptation and touched it, just once at first, but soon he couldn't help himself and began to pet it gently, and it was only soon after that that he pressed a soft kiss to the center of Jimin's head. At the time, the boy was still sleeping. But moments later Yoongi felt him stir awake, and as an instant reaction to this realization he pressed Jimin's head back down before the boy could lift it fully. And this small action shook every last shred of tiredness out of him. Jimin was completely awake now.

His heart hammered against his chest, faster than before. With more urgency than before. He held his breath. How was he supposed to relax like this? How could he possibly fall asleep again like this? He had no idea how much longer it would take until they got back.