Chapter 17: Birthday Trip

Start from the beginning

"This club is lit." Athena said swaying her hips to the music.

"Yeah." Kain nodded his head as he watched a few females walk by.

"Damn, the honeys here are fine as hell, man." Callum said licking his lips.

"They sure are." Kain winked at a girl that was staring at him.

Just like how Kain was known for being a fine man in America, he's known here too. He used to actually come to Jamaica for holiday when he was younger. His father is well-known on the island and so is he. All the ladies here in Jamaica think Kain is a huge deal. Whenever he goes to the club, they all want to get into the VIP area somehow and Kain lets them. But this year, it's different. Kain wasn't really in the mood. He was missing Mahogany.

Back in Atlanta...

12:34 a.m

Mahogany sat there on the couch, awaiting for her mom to get home. She was supposed to come home straight after work in order to watch a movie but it turns out she was was running at least 4 hours late. Mahogany huffed and got out of her seat. She looked out of the window and saw Shereen getting out of a black car. A guy walked out of the car and gave Shereen a kiss. She waved then made her way to the front door.

"Mom." Mahogany said with her hands on her hips.

"Maggie? What are you doing?" She asked.

"I've been waiting on you to get home, mama." She huffed.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry about that, baby. I just had some business to take care of." She smiled.

"Please, don't tell me you're getting back with daddy." Maggie muttered.

"No, I'm not. That was not your father." She chuckled.

"So who was that, mom? I can't be no friend because he...kissed you." Maggie pulled a face.

"Or she..." Shereen removed her heels.

"Mama, no..!" Her eyes widened.

"Look, I've been dating some guy for 2 months now, okay? I wanted to keep it on the low but your father found out, so did Ebony and now you know." She shrugged.

"I just wanted to see where this would go before we told anybody." She shrugged.

"Well, you look and sound happy. If you're happy, then I'm happy too." Mahogany have her mom a hug.

"Aw, my baby." Shereen smiled.

"Whatever, I'm going to sleep, mama. I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled as she walked off.

Mahogany went on Snapchat as she was walking up the stairs. She tapped on her cousins name and viewed what she had posted. It seemed as if they were having a good time but Kain looked so lonely in one snap. Mahogany just laughed.

"That's what he gets." She shrugged and laughed.

Afternoon...

4:32 p.m

"Alright mi wa everybody to sing happy birthday to Kain!" The host said.

"3, 2, 1.".

Everybody began to sing whilst people started to clap. Kain smiled at the video that somebody had tagged him in. It was all over Instagram. He put his phone away and threw his bead back. They had just gotten back an hour ago and he really was tired but he had lots of fun. The doorbell rang and somebody even knocked on the door. He stood up and made his way to the front door. Christmas was in two days and his cousins were all at his mamas house. So he knew it couldn't be her because she's too occupied.